Max age for STO?

RockHard13F

Firepower Controller
Verified Military
I called today to talk some sense into an AF buddy of mine who is considering getting out with 15 years active duty time- and he turned the tables on me and has me looking at applying to be screened for AFSOC and returning to active duty.

I'd have gone back to AD previously, but my MOS is closed for returns to AD in the Marine Corps, and I refuse to do a lateral move out of combat arms.

I can't seem to find anything definitive online regarding the maximum age for a currently commissioned officer to apply for STO, and the email listed on 24th SOWs website bounced back as undeliverable. I spoke to someone in recruiting who thought the max age was 40...but admitted he wasn't 100% sure. I know max age to attend dive school as a Marine is 35, so 40 seems high given the STO pipeline requirements.

Anyone have good gouge (preferably something I can reference in writing) on max age/max grade to cross deck for STO?

Have you talked to an AF SPEC OPS Recruiter? That’s your first step.

I had tried to reach out to the two emails listed on 24th SOWs website, but both came back as undeliverable. They also don't have a phone listed.

I just checked again and it looks like since my OP they've updated the recruiting emails on 24th SOWs site from a "@hurlburt.af.mil" domain to "@us.af.mil", so I will try and reach back out to recruiting again directly.

Thanks for the response,

Back