Military Free Fall team makes own history

AWP

SOF Support
This is awesome, a great story. Well done to the ODA.

http://sinepari.soc.mil/News/2008/August/SP-080822-01.html

FORT CARSON, Colo. (Sine Pari, Aug. 22, 2008) - It was the early morning hours of May 30, 2007, as the 11-man Special Forces team crept silently through their target’s village. They had achieved total surprise after conducting the first ever combat standoff military freefall insertion of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Every person in the village was sound asleep.

That is some high speed low drag stuff right there.

There's twelve more guy's with a mustard stain in their MFF wings. ;)

Outstanding gentlemen !!!!

My ODA was a test bed for a static-line deployed square. A MC-5. Basically the same concept. I am glad to see jumping continues to move forward. Only beer drinkin snake eaters are skilled enough to pull off something of that magnatude. I wish that ODA well, as another major stride has been taken.

Great job guys!!..and great story!!

I hope they use MFF more now as I'm sure they will and should!!

If they could just get those pesky SEALs and MARSOC guys out of their MFF slots maybe they could actually get more than one ODA per company qual'd. ;):D

If they could just get those pesky SEALs and MARSOC guys out of their MFF slots maybe they could actually get more than one ODA per company qual'd. ;):D

1 per BN and the Navy folks usually go to their own school now; not sure about the Marines.

1 per BN and the Navy folks usually go to their own school now; not sure about the Marines.

SEALs have their own now, but prior to their own they went to Yuma. You are correct. But I thought each company had one MFF and one Scuba ?

I don't know about that SEAL MFF school, they have had some fatalities lately. Of course the SEALs always seem to get a little carried away, with stuff. }:-)

Don't forget the hair gel and cool Oakley glasses for every jump and op. :cool:

The Corps is also standing up their own MFF school. Not sure of its status...

Back