Milton

AWP

SOF Support
Maybe we should start a hurricane thread or just treat them as individual storms? I don't know, but what I do know is my carbon tax is paid up and liberal tree huggers told me that would prevent my house from being blown away.

Milton's red stapler has a different opinion.

I'm gettin' blasted.

204837.png

Friend of mine in the Tampa AO home was flooded by the last storm (36" of water inside). That was a near miss, a direct hit will wipe him out.

I find Milton probably as boring as you find Milton...

Levity aside, y'all be safe. Even if this things downgrades before it hits it's not going to be much better and they are predicting a helluva surge.

Edited to add, I see where it has gone from Cat 2 to Cat 4 in 4 hours and the pressure is still falling.

It's CAT 5 now. I've done everything I can to get ready. We're only 26 miles inland from the coast--specifically Hernando Beach--which was devastated by Hellene. My youngest son is closer to the coast. We can't evacuate. We're not leaving our animals. My dog TR is a big scary Malinois but he gets frightened during thunderstorms and needs lots of reassuring care.

So Mrs Gunz and I will get to a point--probably tomorrow night--when we'll just sit the fuck down and wait for it.
Put a chain saw and axe in the attic.
New Orleans had people drown in Camille after getting trapped in the attic.
My folks, RIP, always rode storms out because they wouldn't leave their dogs.
Be safe, God bless.

Be safe, God bless.

I had family in Gulfport, Mississippi during Camille (many are still there), my uncle was at the Sea Bee base. They knew a couple at that apartment building that was washed away (they lived), and they lived about 8 blocks from the water. I remember them saying the water came up to about a block or so from their house.

Be safe, God bless.

Well, we're not in a flood zone. We're on one of Florida's rare hills, about 240' above sea level. Wind is going to be our problem. Right now the hurricane is blowing at 160 mph. That's pretty crazy.

Last edited:
905 and 180. I am homeless on Thursday.

I want a refund on my carbon tax.

I'm watching people board up houses while their kids play football in the street. I came home from work to find 16 sheets of 3/4" in my driveway. Guess I'm boarding up windows tomorrow?

I can't complain. The Orlando area hasn't taken a direct hit in forever. You pays your money and you takes your chances...

Back