My heartfelt introduction

mixedfilipino

Unverified
Hello this is an introduction to myself and who I am, I am a civilian in my 20's, who worked many different jobs from warehouse, door to door, worked at 2 different tech start ups, recently graduated a pre-apprenticeship through the trades and worked in construction as an ironworker, I got laid off due to the Covid-19 situation. Been laid off for a month or so. I had a pretty rough upbringing my childhood was probably the hardest part of my life very humble beginnings. Basically got bullied on a daily basis physically, socially and mentally, was in special education from day zero to my final day of high school, exposed to a lot of drug use around me, gang violence etc, etc. Was always picked last in sports or anything in school. I am interested in joining the military.

I had an interest in the military in high school I was in Army JROTC for 2 years, their was a lot I liked and a lot I didn't like I tried taking the ASVAB my junior and senior year I had so much difficulty and failed many times just didn't think I was good enough AT ALL. Now at this stage of my life I've been searching for a feeling, that feeling of brotherhood, espirit de corps, that liquid pride. I want to be around a band of brothers that can depend on me when times get tough and of course when times are amazing as well.

I joined this forum to basically get to know people who are in this brotherhood and to get guidance. I've had a life time of hardship and failure but I truly believe this will be my defining moment once I join and earn the right to be their. I am ready to learn and to receive all the feedback necessary to make this happen. I look forward to getting to know many of you and forging relationships overtime I am brand new here. I am searching for that feeling, that feeling of brotherhood, pride, glory and the satisfaction of earning the right to be around some of the world's most determined warriors.

I want to feel what these men feel.
"You've had now shared a bond that cannot be broken through hardship"

"The pride you see your drill instructors carry, that is now the pride that you get to carry, because this is your accomplishment no one can take this away from you, you came here as a civilian, an individual but now you are a member of america's finest fighting force! Forever and always you are now an _____! You have earned this! Hold your heads up high! Just know that you have done something more the majority of the world can ever hope to achieve, You've joined our storied, grand brotherhood."

ASVAB Prep Plus 2020-2021: 6 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video (Kaplan Test Prep) ASVAB Prep Plus 2020-2021: 6 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video (Kaplan Test Prep): Kaplan Test Prep: 9781506250656: Amazon.com: Books

Buy this, and do the (Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) portions over and over until you can get them confidently. Then go through the rest of the book, and then do the AFQT portion again.
Then go to MEPS and get a 90+ on your ASVAB. I studied with this book and crushed it. If you can’t understand some math problems, don’t feel discouraged. Research the answers, use Khanacademy.org or YouTube, and just figure it out until you get it.
Don’t give up!

What branch and job are you looking at within the military?

Welcome. I think you'll find plenty of the brotherhood.

ASVAB Prep Plus 2020-2021: 6 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video (Kaplan Test Prep) ASVAB Prep Plus 2020-2021: 6 Practice Tests + Proven Strategies + Online + Video (Kaplan Test Prep): Kaplan Test Prep: 9781506250656: Amazon.com: Books

Buy this, and do the (Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT) portions over and over until you can get them confidently. Then go through the rest of the book, and then do the AFQT portion again.
Then go to MEPS and get a 90+ on your ASVAB. I studied with this book and crushed it. If you can’t understand some math problems, don’t feel discouraged. Research the answers, use Khanacademy.org or YouTube, and just figure it out until you get it.
Don’t give up!

What branch and job are you looking at within the military?

Thank you I appreciate your advice, I am interested in becoming a Navy SARC (Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman)

Back