MOH to be awarded to SGM Payne

• Thread starter Deleted member 2517
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2517

DELRAY BEACH, FL — An American soldier who helped rescue about 70 hostages set to be executed by Islamic State militants in Iraq has been approved to receive the Medal of Honor for actions during a daring 2015 raid, The Associated Press has learned.

Sgt. Maj. Thomas “Patrick” Payne, a Ranger assigned to the U.S. Army's Special Operations Command, will receive the U.S. military’s highest honor for valor in combat in a White House ceremony set to be held on the 19th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

SGM Payne started his career in A Co. 1/75 before heading over to the sniper platoon. Then went on to bigger things up at Ft. Bragg.

Soldier to Receive Medal of Honor for Iraq Hostage Rescue

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus!

Payne said at that point, ISIS fighters began to detonate their suicide vests, causing the roof to shake. The team quickly moved off the roof to an entry point for building two.

Why am I not surprised...

And as a sergeant first class in 2012, Payne won the Army’s Best Ranger Competition, representing USASOC.

And then this dude. There are just some people...

Last week, Defense Secretary Mark Esper endorsed awarding the Medal of Honor to a soldier who sustained fatal burns while acting to save fellow soldiers in Iraq in 2005. Army Sgt. 1st Class Alwyn C. Cashe.

Watched a clip of the ceremony on twitter. Can someone give me some perspective?

I thought their identities are supposed to be hush hush.

Watched a clip of the ceremony on twitter. Can someone give me some perspective?

I thought their identities are supposed to be hush hush.

Perhaps he has moved on from an operational position within the unit and is in more of a(n) administrative/strategic/instructional role?

Back