More than 800 immigrants mistakenly granted citizenship

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
upload_2016-9-19_9-36-7.png

http://www.startribune.com/more-than-800-immigrants-mistakenly-granted-citizenship/393966441/

More Than 800 Immigrants Mistakenly Granted Citizenship

WASHINGTON — The U.S. government has mistakenly granted citizenship to at least 858 immigrants who had pending deportation orders from countries of concern to national security or with high rates of immigration fraud, according to an internal Homeland Security audit released Monday.

The Homeland Security Department's inspector general found that the immigrants used different names or birthdates to apply for citizenship with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and such discrepancies weren't caught because their fingerprints were missing from government databases.

The report does not identify any of the immigrants by name, but Inspector General John Roth's auditors said they were all from "special interest countries" — those that present a national security concern for the United States — or neighboring countries with high rates of immigration fraud. The report did not identify those countries.

Last edited:
To be honest, this is no surprise because it has become the norm for the obama administration. I say the administration, because the buck always goes there. Tell me this wasn't somehow arranged. Over 800 deportees converted to citizenship, we have serious problems within our governmental agencies for this to happen.

I wonder if this will even be corrected? I see this as just another administration shoulder shrug of ignorance? Life will go on, who cares anymore?

We'll see where this one goes.

And yet those who've stood in line for years, paying thousands, killing forests with paperwork just for a chance... will continue to stand in line. No good deed goes unpunished.

And yet those who've stood in line for years, paying thousands, killing forests with paperwork just for a chance... will continue to stand in line. No good deed goes unpunished.

Those who pay their taxes, follow the rules, and do the right things, are made to feel like fools. This will just go on and on.

This is a failure of the system, not the administration, unless pressure was placed down the chain. With that said, enough dirty shit's been done over the last 7 years that anything is possible. My money's on the system or inattentive, apathetic, we-can't-be-fired GS' out there.

Back