My CCW rig...

I wore my shooting hat, my Ranger tee shirt, and I have my wings / tab on my SUUNTO... plus my user name, I was just waiting to have someone bust my bollocks on that... :D:D:D:D

As for practical, I am all over that one. I like to see varying opinions of what people use... I have carried in all sorts of places, all sorts of fashions. For daily wear, this rig works for me.

It's not a "deep concealment" rig, but in Florida, it's comfortable in the summer. As mentioned, you can tuck your shirt around too, for a bit more formal occasions.

Glad some people get something out of this... I find that if something works, I spread it out. Sort of like paying it forward.

For years I carried a stainless steel Ruger Speed Six .357 in a butt-forward Bianchi shoulder holster and loved the rig...good concealment, very comfortable and a beautiful revolver.

Now I just hang the Rem 870 Express on the rack in the back window of the pick-up. It discourages tailgating. :)

Thanks for the review and all the pics. What's on your nightstand next to the holster? Was thinking it was a spare mag carrier then it looked like the backstrap of a pistol :uhh: Not trying to nitpick but in the pics you have posted it looks more like 3 o'clock or maybe 4 to me.

I was planning on putting the Comptac CTAC on my Christmas list for my Glock 19. You ever tried this? I've heard the most praise for this holster and tried it on with my gun at the range and liked it. A comparison between the two would be nice.

Thanks for the review and all the pics. What's on your nightstand next to the holster? Was thinking it was a spare mag carrier then it looked like the backstrap of a pistol :uhh: Not trying to nitpick but in the pics you have posted it looks more like 3 o'clock or maybe 4 to me.

I was planning on putting the Comptac CTAC on my Christmas list for my Glock 19. You ever tried this? I've heard the most praise for this holster and tried it on with my gun at the range and liked it. A comparison between the two would be nice.

It's a spare mag, in a single mag holster. What you are seeing, is the +1 pearce grip extension. You can see it in the shot where I am holding the glock, how my fingers fit on it. Without it, my gorilla mitts swallow the handgrip.

As for the position of the holster... it's definitely well past the 3 o'clock position, more like 4 or 4:30 ish... I know you can't really tell, but I am twisted, in a draw stroke.

I am gonna get my buddy to shoot some video of me drawing it from under the shirt, to show how smooth it is.

I looked at the Comp Tac too... but settled on the Crossbreed. The Comp Tac Minotaur holster is very close to the Super Tuck... but if I recall, it's not "tuckable". The cost is close, but the belt clips looked to me to be flimsy. I also like that Crossbreed is a one man shop, and I like to support the little man. The Kydex on the Comp Tac looks a bit more "molded" but, having never worn one, I can't tell you about it. I would imagine they would be very similar.

Now I have a few of them (Crossbreed holsters). I just carry the G36 as a daily carry, since it is light, small and I forget I am wearing it.

Glad you guys are getting something out of this thread. I thought the over abundance of pictures would put me out there in the GAYNESS world... :D:D

Why is it that NONE of you fuckers have commented on the book? Sheesh. }:-)

I have tried IWB holsters before, never could find one that I really liked. May give yours a try (if at least for another tax deduction).

I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry in a Mitch Rosen 5JR holster. Its a belt holster. By far the best one that I have used yet! Been carrying for 18years and have tried alot of holsters, his are fantastic. Picked up a belt and mag puch to complete my rig.

Back