My CCW rig...

GSXRanger

Verified Alarmist
SOF Support
Ok, I was motivated to demonstrate my carry rig. Now, my daily carry gun is my trusty Glock 36. I roll out of the house with it, every single day. Most of the time, I carry it in the rig, that I will show in these pictures. It is called the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe, and it is an IWB holster.

In this thread, I will demonstrate what it looks like under a normal tee shirt, and also the draw stroke that I use to get the weapon in action. I will shoot a short .avi soon and show it in full motion.

So, here goes. If this is not appropriate for this forum, let me know, and we can move it where it needs to be.

NOTE... this firearm is unloaded, and no kitty cats were harmed making these pictures.

First of all... here is the G36 in my carry rig.

G36-Carry-rig.jpg

Here it is, from the back view. Notice the rough hewn leather... very comfy once it's worn in.

G36-carry-rig-backside.jpg

The leather covers all metal on the gun, so nothing rubs on your skin. The belt goes through the loops, and this rig can be "tucked" if needed.

Here is the rig, empty...

Carry-rig-empty.jpg

Here it is from the top, weapon in the holster... notice how the leather forms around the gun... the more you wear it, sweat in it, the more comfy it is...

G36-Carry-rig-top.jpg

This is the Glock 36, with a +1 Pearce grip extension. This allows my big ass hands to grip the gun, and control it with fast controlled pairs.

G36.jpg

G36-in-my-hand.jpg

G36-two-hand-grip.jpg

Ok, so how does it print? Well, it disappears under a tee shirt. Here, you see me arms down, you can BARELY see it on the right side... I wear it between the 4 and 5 o'clock position...

Back-View-1.jpg

Back-View-2.jpg

Side-View-1.jpg

Side-View-2.jpg

Now for the draw stroke... this weapon, again... is unloaded.

Step 1... non firing hand goes to shirt tail...

Draw-1.jpg

Step 2... non firing hand lifts shirt tail, whilst firing hand establishes contact with hand grip...

Draw-2.jpg

Step 3... firing hand assumes a good grip on the weapon, high on the backstrap... and begins draw stroke...

Draw-3.jpg

Step 4... weapon is clear from holster, non firing hand meets firing hand, and prepares to come into the pocket, for a good punch out...

Draw-4.jpg

Draw-5.jpg

Draw-6.jpg

continuing out to full extension, proper sight alignment... prepare to cover target and destroy what you cover with your front sights!!!

Draw-7.jpg

I am using the XS Express "Big Dot" sight system on this gun. They are VERY fast to acquire, and easy to use. The eye picks up the front dot, and places it on target for the trigger press... very fast combat sight system. These are also Tritium so they glow in the dark. It is a "Dot the I" type system, instead of the old conventional three dot system.

big-dot-sights-1.jpg

Here's how it sleeps on my night stand...

My-Night-Stand.jpg

My-nightstand-2.jpg

How much do they go for?

I meant to post a link but I didn't want to think that I was pushing his stuff. He gives Military discounts, and makes them to order for what ever weapon you have. Lifetime warranty as well.

I paid 60 bucks or so for mine, he has already warrantied the clips, sent me a whole bag of replacements.

Here's the link...

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

My rig is the SuperTuck Deluxe... I also have one for my 1911.

Nice Glock 36.
Is your 1911 a full size or 3 inch? If it's a 3 inch, why do you choose the Glock over the 1911 for concealed carrying?
I'm asking because I have a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry 3 inch and love it. I've never fired a Glock 36.

I hope this thread gives some good insight. I have carried a weapon in some shape or fashion, for the past 20 some odd years. I spent 10 years as a sworn LEO, and now, as a full time Guard Guy, I have a CCW permit. Well, I'm also a Reserve LEO, but...

This is a very comfy rig, and it is very easy to draw from. Secure, almost invisible, yet fast when you need it.

I just wanted to share...

Sorry about the gratuitous pictures... :doh:

Nice Glock 36.
Is your 1911 a full size or 3 inch? If it's a 3 inch, why do you choose the Glock over the 1911 for concealed carrying?
I'm asking because I have a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry 3 inch and love it. I've never fired a Glock 36.

Which one?

They are both full sized, Govt. Models. I have a Springer TRP Operator, and a Taurus PT-1911...

I don't carry either of them, but I do shoot IDPA with the Taurus. :)

I also prefer Glocks. I have several... and shoot them quite well. I actually shoot them better than any pistol that I own. For me, they just work.

Back