My Random TV Thread

I binged Generation Kill over the weekend. I know, only 15 years late. I just never got around to watching it previously and, honestly, kind of forgot about it.

Thought it was great, overall. It seemed to go a bit over the top with the officer incompetence, two of them in particular (at least I hope they weren't truly as bad as depicted), but otherwise seemed pretty well done.

This is only funny because I envision the producers behind the scenes going into panic mode when they realize the little-person just won and the next game up is…’Half Off”.

Someone creative could make an SNL bit out of this somehow. Consecutive games that appear to mimic something about the contestant.

The show was fantastic. Observations:

- Katie is as hot (or hotter) in person as she in on TV
- The actor who plays Coach did some standup; that f’er is really funny. He does a bit where he tries to pitch a sitcom about Hitler’s mom and trying to figure out why people travel back in time to kill her son.
- Coach was also the actor on stage and the one who finally had the obnoxious drunk woman kicked out.
- These guys have been running these lines so often the show sounded like conversation; not scripted dialogue.
- Stewart and Rold were the MC’s; that was a good choice for them.
- They were not afraid to ‘go there’. More than a few ‘gay jokes’ explicit language.
- I picked up a ”Hard No” gray hoodie and Letterkenny Irish trucker hat. I really wanted a hockey jersey, but nobody wants to say a 50 year old fat guy running around in a TV show hockey jerseys (or any jersey for that matter).

FAD728E1-4E26-4BDA-B7D4-E8E00CCA96CC.jpeg

Back