My Random TV Thread

My sister-in-law knows the guys who came up with Stranger Things. They all went to the same high school here in Durham, and they put in a lot of local references in the show (so say my kids; I have not seen any episodes).

We're in a TV funk right now. Not a lot that would capture me and my wife's attention to watch together. So we binge a lot of shows from the 90s and early 2000s.

My sister-in-law knows the guys who came up with Stranger Things. They all went to the same high school here in Durham, and they put in a lot of local references in the show (so say my kids; I have not seen any episodes).

We're in a TV funk right now. Not a lot that would capture me and my wife's attention to watch together. So we binge a lot of shows from the 90s and early 2000s.
Have you given Obi-Wan a chance?

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network
I was/am disappointed with how Ozark ended.

Now the question is, do we watch the newest season of Stranger Things or The Boys?

For anybody into sci-fi or animation, I highly recommend the new season of Love, Death, and Robots on Netflix. It's the spiritual successor to Heavy Metal.

My top three episodes of this season are; Bad Traveling, The very pulse of the Machine, and Kill Team Kill.

I like it, my wife doesn't care for Star Wars/sci Fi. So she'll go upstairs to read while I watch it with the kids.

Y’know the thing about Star Wars…every recent Star Wars movie I’ve seen leaves no impression in my memory. They just blend all together in one mediocre blah. The exception was Rogue One.

I think your wife’s got the right idea.

Y’know the thing about Star Wars…every recent Star Wars movie I’ve seen leaves no impression in my memory. They just blend all together in one mediocre blah. The exception was Rogue One.
Hard agree.

Since the Star Wars relaunch in 2015, Rogue 1 was my high point with the serials (Mandalorian and Boba Fett so far - haven't yet seen Kenobi) trailing close behind in that order. The Force Awakens had potential but petered out and the following two (and Solo) sank the ship completely.

I think your wife’s got the right idea.

I'm meh on the recent flicks, but I've enjoyed the series on Disney+. I also liked Rogue One.

I got a bit sick of Yellowstone and binned it in the 4th season.

Have started Better Call Saul and it is very very very good. I never really got into Breaking Bad but it seems like I don't need to know much because it's a prequel. I might give it another go after but I found White to be so unlikeable I hated him.

We unassed the Yellowstone AO early. It was when the chick said “let’s go watch the wolves kill something.” Next thing they’re sitting in a convertible watching a bunch of wolves eat a moose right in front of the car. How does that happen.

We unassed the Yellowstone AO early. It was when the chick said “let’s go watch the wolves kill something.” Next thing they’re sitting in a convertible watching a bunch of wolves eat a moose right in front of the car. How does that happen.

For me it was the "how the fuck have the Staties or the Feds not rocked up here?"

Yellowstone is a documentary, you know.

Indeed.

Yeah, there are parts that aren't even close to realistic. Everyone is sucking Tom Cruise's cult-worshipping dick for the new Top Gun movie...because "realism?" If people are bailing on a TV show because the ATF didn't show up to a bombing site, I guess this "edgy teen" doesn't understand. Hell, I grew up thinking a '69 Dodge Charger could fly and 4 Vietnam Special Forces vets in a black van that is unlike any other on the road could live in the criminal underground and rid the world of evil. A helicopter that flies faster than speed of sound? Yep, no one watched that because realism. A rich, single white dude adopts two black kids and everyone is happily ever after with no kid sex involved and the guy is so liberal he's cool with his daughter around said black kids in the 80's?

Next y'all are going to tell me there isn't a 12 foot high yellow bird walking around the 'hood, singing to children who are friends with a vampire and garbage can dwelling troglodyte.

Back