My Random TV Thread

Three episodes into Peaky Blinders season 6.

Worth it, and brings back some of the key notes from earlier seasons, namely “fighting the war on the home front of the mind” and addictive substance abuse/use.

Three episodes into Peaky Blinders season 6.

Worth it, and brings back some of the key notes from earlier seasons, namely “fighting the war on the home front of the mind” and addictive substance abuse/use.

We've been re-watching the last 5 episodes of season 5 before we start season 6. It's been so long I'd forgotten just how damn good the series is.

Last edited:
For my fellow anime nerds or anyone else whose gotten tired of shitty woke TV.

'Legend of the Galactic Heroes' or LOTGH was relaunched a while ago. Animation studio IG is doing the animation. It's really really good. God I love space operas!

For those that like D&D and historical drama's. 'Ascendance of a Bookworm' is nearing the end of it's third season. Think magic and living in a pre-renaissance era as a nerd who loves books.

'86'. Literally the name of the of the show is '86' or Eighty-Six, follows a group of child soldiers as they fight a Skynet like foe that controls swarms of mechanized tank like insects.

Pole:
Favorite character on Peaky Blinders?
1) Tommy Shelby
2) Arthur Shelby
3) Alfie Solomans

Mine: Alfie

Tommy, I guess...but he smokes so much I start coughing. Alfie's always entertaining. Arthur needs to get off the dope and get dangerous again. They need to kill that Nazi dude. Somebody needs to straighten that little blond out. I volunteer.

Alright, I'm going to take y'all in a different direction...a cooking show!

This is not my typical kind of show but I was hooked on 'Rat in the Kitchen' on TBS (Season 1 just finished).

Anyone else seen this show? If so, what'd you think?

It's a fun, easy watch. The hosts are perfect and the concept is great. If you don't like this show, you're probably communist.

This is not my typical kind of show but I was hooked on 'Rat in the Kitchen' on TBS (Season 1 just finished).

It's a fun, easy watch. The hosts are perfect and the concept is great. If you don't like this show, you're probably communist.

I’ll give it a shot. I like cooking shows. They lower my BP and don’t make me want to kill people.

Last edited:

I started the wll new Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend, on Netflix. Can't believe how much I missed watching kitchen stadium.

Finished Peaky Blinders tonight. Damn good final episode, very satisfying. I was hoping they’d cap Oswald, the Nazi…but all the other cunts got what they deserved.
He’s a real person. I like that about PB- they tie in real historical figures and relate how they would interact with someone like Tom Shelby.

I imagine in the movie finale Thomas will undercut Oswald and put that fascist fuck into jail, as was done in real life.

Side note- anyone else waking up at 0300 to watch the boys on Friday? I am. The only show since breaking bad I have actually been obsessed with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Peaky Blinders tonight. Damn good final episode, very satisfying. I was hoping they’d cap Oswald, the Nazi…but all the other cunts got what they deserved.
You can go down the Wikipedia and history google rabbit hole on Oswald. Striking similarities between the actor and the real-life individual.

Indeed.

Yeah, there are parts that aren't even close to realistic. Everyone is sucking Tom Cruise's cult-worshipping dick for the new Top Gun movie...because "realism?" If people are bailing on a TV show because the ATF didn't show up to a bombing site, I guess this "edgy teen" doesn't understand. Hell, I grew up thinking a '69 Dodge Charger could fly and 4 Vietnam Special Forces vets in a black van that is unlike any other on the road could live in the criminal underground and rid the world of evil. A helicopter that flies faster than speed of sound? Yep, no one watched that because realism. A rich, single white dude adopts two black kids and everyone is happily ever after with no kid sex involved and the guy is so liberal he's cool with his daughter around said black kids in the 80's?

Next y'all are going to tell me there isn't a 12 foot high yellow bird walking around the 'hood, singing to children who are friends with a vampire and garbage can dwelling troglodyte.

All I know is rustling cattle is a Federal Crime and the first episode that starts a range war would never happen, even if the rustler were a dumbass Indian Chief (with his Ivy League education) that thought the action would get him any kinda leverage aglgainst his neighbors. Nevermind the Navy SEAL son somehow not knowing the fence was his Father's, yeah right.

18 U.S. Code § 667 - Theft of livestock

You would love a paperwork based tv show wouldn't you? Just people stamping and filing and the drama comes from the wrong post it colour used and the person just seethes but doesn't say anything.

You would love a paperwork based tv show wouldn't you? Just people stamping and filing and the drama comes from the wrong post it colour used and the person just seethes but doesn't say anything.

Dude, Kelly Reilly is hawt, that's enough.

Just going to law school makes it tough when the simple legal points just make no sense.

Back