Navy SEAL Warrior Fund

Wow, she has grown up Ex since the last pics I saw! She's going to be as beautiful as her mother. ;)

Thanks for sharing D!..Looking through the Pic's I saw Jerry Buckhimmer? (sp?)
I presume he is a contributor?(And a SEAL fan)

Thanks for sharing D!..Looking through the Pic's I saw Jerry Buckhimmer? (sp?)
I presume he is a contributor?(And a SEAL fan)

Yes, he was the first one to receive the award.

OMG, I hadn't looked at the picture gallery link! I'm in the very first picture. I'll post it on the 'I know somebody thread'. :)

Thanks for sharing that, great pictures. Is your daughter playing any B-ball these days?

Tom Brokaw blew us off when I asked him for a pic with my daughter. She was wearing the white flower which was given to those who had lost their SEALs, so it really felt like a slap in the face. I guess he was too busy.

What a jerk, especially as it was a fundraiser for people who have lost their loved ones.

He's just a glorified talking head, anyway. Your photo album is better off without him in it.

Thanks for sharing that, great pictures. Is your daughter playing any B-ball these days?

Yes, she is! She's was starting center as a sophomore this year. I wish she had a better coach, though. I've volunteered to help, but the coach doesn't want my help. :rolleyes:

If that's the case, then her coach is an idiot.

My first coaches in 6th grade were both standout players, still seniors in HS when they took on the task. We accelerated our skill level and knowledge of the game because of their early input.

Nothing beats being able to competently run a fast break or full/half court press by the time you're in 7th grade. Most teams we played had no idea how to deal with us.:D

If that's the case, then her coach is an idiot.

My first coaches in 6th grade were both standout players, still seniors in HS when they took on the task. We accelerated our skill level and knowledge of the game because of their early input.

Nothing beats being able to competently run a fast break or full/half court press by the time you're in 7th grade. Most teams we played had no idea how to deal with us.:D

Did you go to St Peters?

Did you go to St Peters?

I take it you're referring to St. Peters Lutheran school?

I went to Wayside, we played most of our games against other Catholic schools in the area. St. Raymonds and St. Emilys in MP, St. Collettes in Rolling Meadows and a bunch of others.

Our coaches also used to enter us into tournaments against some tough Chicago teams, particularly on the west side. We once played a game against the team that Isaiah Thomas was on in grammar school.

Needless to say, as good as we (thought we) were, we got schooled by those guys. They were phenomenal.

I take it you're referring to St. Peters Lutheran school?

I went to Wayside, we played most of our games against other Catholic schools in the area. St. Raymonds and St. Emilys in MP, St. Collettes in Rolling Meadows and a bunch of others.

Our coaches also used to enter us into tournaments against some tough Chicago teams, particularly on the west side. We once played a game against the team that Issah Thomas was on in grammar school.

Needless to say, as good as we (thought we) were, we got schooled by those guys. They were phenomenal.

I was,They were a Power House in the PSL back then,ST Paul's in MP wasn't to Bad either.

Our schedule was pretty full with our league and tournament games, I don't think we played against any of the Lutheran schools back then. Of course, I'm going back to 1974, and I think all the parochial schools were a bit more clannish back then.:D

St. Peters has a very good basketball team and feeder program for a couple of the High Schools, from what I've heard. Back when I was playing, Sunday B-ball would literally pack the gym, it was always an event. Not that it mattered to me. If it was happening outside the the base and sidelines, I wouldn't care if the Pope was in attendance.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Ex. I guess since it's about basketball, special dispensation is in order. lol

Yes, she is! She's was starting center as a sophomore this year. I wish she had a better coach, though. I've volunteered to help, but the coach doesn't want my help. :rolleyes:

I wish my basketball Coach looked like you EX hehe.

I definitely look up to ya. ::D

I wish my basketball Coach looked like you EX hehe...I definitely look up to ya.
I'd have played Bball instead of wrestling! :D

In all seriousness, what part about "National Champions" does that ditz of a coach not understand? It would be like me coaching one of the Manning kids in High School and telling their dad I don't need to listen to anything he says about playing quarterback... :rolleyes:

I'd have played Bball instead of wrestling! :D

In all seriousness, what part about "National Champions" does that ditz of a coach not understand? It would be like me coaching one of the Manning kids in High School and telling their dad I don't need to listen to anything he says about playing quarterback... :rolleyes:

Some people are so dumb it is pathetic Coach.

Ex....ring knocker????hehhee

Back