Need for advanced infil techniques...

So wait guys get forced to go to the CDQC? How does this work in the NGSF units? I understand a lot of it is to make sure guys are in the right condition not to drown and to perhaps mimic some of the requirements of BUD/S. I've personally always wanted to go.

So wait guys get forced to go to the CDQC? How does this work in the NGSF units? I understand a lot of it is to make sure guys are in the right condition not to drown and to perhaps mimic some of the requirements of BUD/S. I've personally always wanted to go.

Have you seen the Surviving The Cut episode that deals with CDQC? The drownproofing test is exactly the same as the BUD/S one. I can't speak to the diving parts, but the basics of being comfortable in the water look to be very similar to 1st Phase at BUD/S.

As long as I've been in my NG SF Company, the dive team has never been fully qualed. Maybe two guys at the most...In fact I got two W7 (CDQC) guys on my MFF Team. And one of my W7's taught pre scuba. In fact, some of the guys to include myself are thinking of going to CDQC with my two W7's doing a train up for our team.

The dive team in my NG SF Company has zero guys qualed in CDQC and we do have slots. My sr 18E just graduated from MFF so I got 9 guys qualed with my jr 18B leaving for MFF PC at the end of this month and jr 18D going in March. The problem with my company is that we're split in half and guys who are up North don't want to commute 400 plus miles South to be on a dive team that doens't dive.

Guys on AD get assigned to specific teams. Once on that team you are expected to attend the schools necessary to be a functioning member of that team.

As for the NG, pretty much what 18C4V said. The guys who want to go do, the guys who dont dont. There is always plenty of slots for CDQC and generally the money to send guys is there too, but guys dont really care to go as a general rule.

Crip

Interesting, I always thought there was an invitation/OML for special teams. I guess this makes sense. My buddy over at 10th was talking about guys wanting to get on CIF for 6 years and 18xs fresh out of the Q being assigned instead.

...My buddy over at 10th was talking about guys wanting to get on CIF for 6 years and 18xs fresh out of the Q being assigned instead.

Funny story about 18X's and B/2/3...

So my class graduated and one of the freshly Tabbed studs who wanted assignment to the CIF because, "thats where real SF soldiers go to do SF stuff." :rolleyes: Well he meets his BN CSM and during their first conversation the CSM asks the young E5 what sort of team he envisions himself on. The kid replied, "well SGM, honestly I came to SF to be on the CIF and if not I would just as soon not be in SF." The conversation finished with the E5 at parade rest. Later that next week he was taking his shit down the road to the 82nd. He got what was coming to him.

Crip

So my class graduated and one of the freshly Tabbed studs who wanted assignment to the CIF because, "thats where real SF soldiers go to do SF stuff." :rolleyes: Well he meets his BN CSM and during their first conversation the CSM asks the young E5 what sort of team he envisions himself on. The kid replied, "well SGM, honestly I came to SF to be on the CIF and if not I would just as soon not be in SF." The conversation finished with the E5 at parade rest. Later that next week he was taking his shit down the road to the 82nd. He got what was coming to him.

Holy shit! :-o

Ever have one of those moments when you say to yourself, man I wish I didn't say that? That is a very expensive lesson to learn (although some would probably say it was priceless).

And yes CDG, holy shit!

Interesting, I always thought there was an invitation/OML for special teams. I guess this makes sense. My buddy over at 10th was talking about guys wanting to get on CIF for 6 years and 18xs fresh out of the Q being assigned instead.

The company SGM has a say in what team the guy goes to. For example, I just picked up an 18 Xray (echo) from C/1/1. Our current SGM's policy is that experienced guys get first crack at speciality teams (MFF, CDQC) unless they express an interest to go to the other teams.

As for CIF assignments, it's like throwing darts on a a board. It varies from Group to Group. Who knows what those CSM's think about when decide about CIF assignments.

Funny story about 18X's and B/2/3...

Crip

IME, the best answer to that question is always "whatever team you need me on Sgt Maj." :ninja:

The company SGM has a say in what team the guy goes to. For example, I just picked up an 18 Xray (echo) from C/1/1. Our current SGM's policy is that experienced guys get first crack at speciality teams (MFF, CDQC) unless they express an interest to go to the other teams.

As for CIF assignments, it's like throwing darts on a a board. It varies from Group to Group. Who knows what those CSM's think about when decide about CIF assignments.

How does it work for Officers? Is it a second assignment?

Back