New ASVAB scores for CCT?

My Air Force recruiter had just been jerking me around for a year and a half. Told me I was disqualified from CCT mutiple times for different reasons so I would have to do all this stuff to get back in the running for it. Tried to go TACP as well (mission set some what similar to what a CCT does you know dropping bombs) but I couldn't do that either (failed the MEPS depth perception test 3 times). So to put it short and honestly after a year and half I got pissed off and said f*** this I'm going to the Army. I would've been happy going 11x or 13F option 40, it really didn't matter to me which one I got just as long as I got a shot at Rangers. The mission set of the Rangers is awesome and they are highly elite group and the door-kicking aspect of the infantry job (11x) got me really excited as well so I chose that one. Special operations is what I've always wanted to do, just taking a different path is all.

I definitely disagree with people retaking the ASVAB. It usually means that you studied for the test and did a better job taking it, not that you got any smarter- which defeats the purpose of administering a the test in the first place.

I'll give you an example on why I think you should be able to retake it. I took mine in 11th grade during a half day of school. They said we could leave when we were done. I had no intentions of joining the military at the time, but after I graduated I ended up joining the Air Force. 8 years later I had to retake my ASVAB to get 5 points higher in GT for an 18x contract. I didnt study and got the scores I needed.

One of the subjects that's going to increase your score tremendously is going to be Algebra. I had a 70 AFQT Score but a low GT, this is for the Marine Corps. My buddy suggested that I take College Algebra and immediately take the ASVAB after, its almost the same concept as training for a 3-mile run by running 6 miles. The Algebra class was still fresh in my mind when I took the ASVAB, and since I had been dealing with a much more complicated level of math, when I took the ASVAB it seemed a lot simpler. Increased my GT to 114.

Back