New book

Ravage

running up that hill
Chris Osman CEO of TAG announced today that: SEALs THE US NAVY’S ELITE FIGHTING FORCE will be released and available for purchase in October 2008. “The book will be available at all major book retailers like Barnes & Noble, and Borders. It will also be available for purchase online”. Chris also said, “this book is going to give the reader’s a look into the teams that no one has ever been able to capture before. It is almost 300 pages full of pictures never seen by the public and stories that have never been told to anyone outside of the teams”. Some of the subjects covered in the book include the Invasion of Panama, Ship takedowns 3 weeks after 9/11, Direct Action missions in Afghanistan, Operation Snow Cap, War Criminal Snatches inside Bosnia, Invasion of Iraq, as well as the story of one SEAL Sniper who by himself amassed more than 130 confirmed kills (more than any operator in SOCOM history). All book signings will be announced when dates are confirmed through the publisher

sealsbannerdd3.jpg

SEALs%20pic%20only%20front%20cover.jpg

any thoughts ?

I have mixed feelings about a book like this.
On one hand, some of these stories need to be told, and it will be good for the public to know we actually are winning a few rounds.
On the other hand, how much data will we give to the other side by putting stories like this in the open (post 9/11/01 ops)?

I have mixed feelings about a book like this.
On one hand, some of these stories need to be told, and it will be good for the public to know we actually are winning a few rounds.
On the other hand, how much data will we give to the other side by putting stories like this in the open (post 9/11/01 ops)?

You'd like to think the book was cleared by someone... I agree that we don't hear enough great stories of great men, but it scares me as well...to think of what may be missed and put out there for the wrong eyes to read.

Speaking of, here is another:

9781591141389.jpg

Description

"I had never worked with warriors of such high caliber. I think that opinion was shared at all echelons, from colonel to private. My soldiers and junior leaders came to respect the Big Tough Frogmen and would do anything for them. The losses that the SEALs suffered in Ramadi cemented that relationship in my mind. Anyone who shed blood, sweat, and tears in Ramadi with us will always be a part of our band of brothers."

− COL Sean MacFarland, Commander, 1st BCT, 1st AD

"The SEALs were awesome. They didn't brag or boast, they just got it done. They treated us with a great deal of respect—like brother warriors. When we got in trouble, they came for us, no matter what. We'd do anything for those guys."

−CPT Mike Bajema, Company Commander, COP Falcon, 1-37 Infantry.

"A lot of people, even in the SEAL community, thought Ramadi couldn't have been won without Navy SEALs. Don't you believe it. Those brave soldiers and marines would have taken Ramadi without us. Had we not been there, a lot more of them would have been killed doing it. We're very proud of our role in supporting them."

−Lieutenant Commander John Willink, Task Unit Commander, Seal Team Three

In this ground-breaking book, bestselling author and former U.S. Navy SEAL Dick Couch reports on the actions of the SEAL Task Unit between 2005 and 2007 during the Battle of Ramadi in Iraq's al-Anbar Province. Couch details the previously unrecognized importance of the SEALS in winning the fight to control Ramadi. Calling the Battle of Ramadi, one of the most significant military engagements in the global war against terrorism since 9/11 and the most sustained and vicious engagement ever fought by SEALs, he describes the success of special operations forces and Navy SEALs fighting side by side with conventional forces. Couch identifies the SEALs' ability to adapt and evolve in this deadly urban battle space and their code of brotherhood as the keys of their success on the battlefield. Among the many examples of this extraordinary brotherhood is the story of PO2 Michael A. Monsoor, who was posthumously, awarded the Medal of Honor for his bravery in Ramadi. When he began researching The Sheriff of Ramadi, Couch thought he would be writing about the SEALs' courage in the face of a losing cause. Instead, what he discovered was a startling success story in the war against al-Qaeda. It was a battle won with a strategy of deploying Navy SEALs alongside regular forces in a combined joint operation to fight a major battle against terrorists in the urban war zone of Ramadi. Based on this success story, Couch argues that the lessons of Ramadi call for using this strategy more widely to win the ongoing war against al-Qaeda and their allies.

Dick Couch, a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, served on active duty with the Navy Underwater Demolition and SEAL teams for five years. While a platoon leader with SEAL Team One, he led the only successful POW rescue operations of the Vietnam War. In 1972 he joined the CIA and retired from the Naval Reserve in 1997 with the rank of captain. He has frequently appeared as a military expert on nationally syndicated TV and radio programs. In addition to many bestselling novels, he is the author of several works of nonfiction about the Navy SEALS and the Green Berets, including Chosen Soldier, Down Range, and The Warrior Elite.

http://www.usni.org/store/write_review.asp?ITEM_ID=1695&DEPARTMENT_ID=113

"CPT Mike Bajema, Company Commander, COP Falcon, 1-37 Infantry."

I think this is 1-327, not 37.... gotta give credit to the right unit... my old brigade :D

looks like I have to get two books now.

I've met Captain Couch a few times(read all of his books too) and he is a great man!!! With Mir and Chris both being FAGs(easy . . . Former Action Guys) I'd hope they would both keep OPSEC in mind.

"CPT Mike Bajema, Company Commander, COP Falcon, 1-37 Infantry."

I think this is 1-327, not 37.... gotta give credit to the right unit... my old brigade :D

looks like I have to get two books now.

1-37 might actually be correct:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJAUlBSRQWU[/ame]

Back