New D book

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

I collect coins as a hobby. I have several hundred, maybe even a thousand. Most of them were given to me in the traditional fashion, but I've also bought or traded for several if they were particularly interesting or eye-catching.

Out of all the ones I've "earned" over the years though, the one that mattered most to me is the one I got from GEN Petraeus this last rotation in Iraq.

Attachments

• Petraeus coin front.jpg
    Petraeus coin front.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 171
IMO, coins aren't that big a deal unless they're issued or given as a gift. I only have a couple of coins I've bought and they were bought for very specific reasons.

Like, say, buying a SS coin... }:-)

Agreed. Mine were mostly from a unit I was in, attached to, or working with - or a specific organization -or in one case, a MoH recipient who decided to give me one, and then there is the ShadowSpear coin, a harbinger of evilness to ward off the likes of pyromaniacal Marines ...

Where's your match? Huh?:confused:

Agreed. Mine were mostly from a unit I was in, attached to, or working with - or a specific organization -or in one case, a MoH recipient who decided to give me one, and then there is the ShadowSpear coin, a harbinger of evilness to ward off the likes of pyromaniacal Marines ...

Where's your match? Huh?:confused:

Next to my coin...

The urge to use it has been strong lately, but everytime I get ready to fire it up I just close my eyes, rub my temples and say "six months to retirement, three months to terminal." It's become my mantra... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back