New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitz

Ranger wannabe
Unverified
Hey,

I decided to go against mommy and daddy's wishes and enlist. Right now I'm waiting on a waiver for some shoulder surgery I got done 2006 to clear. Originally I intended to join the Marine Corps, but they told me my shoulder was a no go. I went over to the Army and so far so good. I told myself that if I joined the Army I would become a Ranger or better. Right now I'm up to 80 push ups, 60 pull ups, 3 miles in just over 18 minutes, and a 92 on the ASVAB. I'm also involved pretty heavily in MMA, so it keeps me pretty conditioned. Anyways, I find myself pretty torn about how to achieve my Ranger goal. Every time I read the list of MOS's, Cav. Scout gets me all excited. From what I understand Cav. Scout wouldn't be the best route to take to go through Airborne school and then RASP. Any input on this issue would be much appreciated.

I'm with Pardus, I don't buy it. No one does 60 dead hang all the way up and all the way down pull ups. Kipping and cheating, maybe. I have only seen one guy do 60 legit pull ups and he would hang by one arm and shake it out every ten pull ups or so.

I'm sorry to hear that. I do 2 sets of 60 pull ups everyday.

Sorry, I don't believe it.

Do you know the standard for a Mil pull up?

Even if your pull ups are all jacked up, it's a bloody impressive number but I doubt they are 'real' pull ups.

Tell you what, go your recruiting station and get them to watch you do them and give a count, then get back to us.

Sorry, I don't believe it.

Do you know the standard for a Mil pull up?

Even if your pull ups are all jacked up, it's a bloody impressive number but I doubt they are 'real' pull ups.

Tell you what, go your recruiting station and get them to watch you do them and give a count, then get back to us.

Better yet, have THEM get back to us.

Welcome

Bullshit flag number three being thrown.

But welcome aboard, anyway.

Welcome to the site. Best wishes with your military aspirations.

Okay, but how many consecutively? That is a lot of pull ups...

Tell you what wannabe, how about you get a video of you doing 60 pull ups and posting it?

Shouldn't be hard to do at all!

Think NIKE, Just Do It!

I'm waiting... >:{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back