New Osprey-Like Vertical Lift for the Army

They are on the tail end of production of the Osprey; it's a pretty old AC now.

Yeah, but…C-130, B-52, CH-47, AH-1…gut em and repack em. USCG Clearwater has a C-130 that’s almost as old as me. But the only things on it that are old are parts of the skin and the cockpit furniture.

I’m a pilot, but I don’t know shit about Helicopters, even less about these abortions.

Knowing nothing about anything other than Senators and Congressmen want military toys built in their backyard…“follow the money”.
Someone, somewhere paid somebody something, to sign off on this.
I think that Boeing-Sikorsky was supposed to be that one instead of Bell. There we’re supposedly major differences in the flight of each and the capabilities of the Bell 280 were astronomically better than the Defiant.

What a historic piece of absolute trash of a leader. When we look back in 10 years, IF we ever recover, it will be Lt Gen James Slife we credit with killing AFSOC, and ST.

Is this the guy that wants to shoot cruise missiles out of C-130s and turn the MC-130 into a seaplane?

The counter-rotating double stack of rotors on that Sikorsky aircraft and the push prop are pretty wild. Let’s buy both. It’s only money.

I mean, we probably haven’t used them much in the last 20 years so the decision checks out…
The way they did it was super freaking sneaky too. They simply red-lined the maintenance and upkeep portions of the budget for the MDS.

"And I ope! Well we didn't pom for it, looks like we can use that money for the light attack program!"

Back