NG Snipers took top 3 places this year.

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
Fuck the author and fuck his website. SOFREP has a run for its money now.

So, to be clear, a team of Green Berets, among the most elite troops in the U.S. military, absolutely got their asses handed to them by not just one, but three separate teams of part-time snipers from Colorado, California, and Iowa.

That the National Guard teams managed to trounce their “elite” colleagues in SOF formations shouldn’t be that surprising, to be honest;

Fucking trash.

SOFREP is what would happen if the National Enquirer and Provda had a baby.

Last I heard, none of the active duty branches have cornered the market on shooting talent.

Maybe the National Guard guys got a little extra work done in all the riots this year. Well done, guys.

I don't agree with the opinion that NG has the best Sniper's, just out of the team's who showed up to this match. About like, just because an NG team wins a best Ranger comp, doesn't mean we have the best Ranger Q'ed soldiers.

That said, well done boy's!

The National Guard has better snipers than the Green Berets and Marine Raiders
CA ARNG put a statement out (SSD) essentially calling T&P out for trash talking.
I am not a fan of T&P, this just validates my thought process.

CA ARNG put a statement out (SSD) essentially calling T&P out for trash talking.
I am not a fan of T&P, this just validates my thought process.

As they should have, the article is shit. I was just glad to see NG do so well this year. Hints my original statement about the opinion of the article.

The first question I would ask is what is the background of the NG’S shooters? How many are former active duty snipers?

I just read the article, what a fucking hit piece. Talk about having an agenda.

“...all walked away with the top honors, making their more elite colleagues look like hapless goons.”

“So, to be clear, a team of Green Berets, among the most elite troops in the U.S. military, absolutely got their asses handed to them by not just one, but three separate teams of part-time snipers from Colorado, California, and Iowa.”

Look we all know the opinion is bullshit... What isn't bullshit is that the top three places went to NG teams. Doesn't matter what they were, who they are, etc. Bottom line, they showed up and did well... I get the spin on the article is bullshit, but goddamn people.

That said, NG and USAR have had incredible marksmanship programs and have beat out AD for years, this is nothing new. I was heavily involved years ago when nobody could beat us, but when all you do is shoot and stand in brass vs having a normal daily, it tends to help...

I'm more shocked that Sniper school took 10th place... WTF?

That said sorry I posted this article, I thought that I made it clear that I thought the opinion was bullshit, but wanted to congratulate the NG soldier who absolutely made a statement with their performance. 🤷‍♂️🤘🤙👌

That said sorry I posted this article, I thought that I made it clear that I thought the opinion was bullshit, but wanted to congratulate the NG soldier who absolutely made a statement with their performance. 🤷‍♂️🤘🤙👌
Personally, I think you did a good job of making it pretty clear.

We all know that particular website is a bit of a pain point for a number of members, and the way that article was written was bound to get folks fired up.

That said, “Ooh-Rah” to the Guard shooters, and I agree, as an outsider looking in it does seem peculiar to see some of the groups towards the bottom.

Who knows the how's and why's...training time, deployments, bad day. A friend of mine who was in the NC NG won a sniper competition (Bill Guill) several years ago, all he did was shoot, all day, every day.

My hat's off to them, really. With all of those teams, no shame in their game.

Seems like the writer is a little bitter. A look at his background and you can see he's not a typical .mil writer. His previous positions are telling: The Huffington Post, The Atlantic, Al Jazeera, Slate, The Daily Beast, New York Magazine, Mother Jones...

Trying to look like he's giving the NG props while having an axe to grind. Looks like a sissy too.

Seems like the writer is a little bitter. A look at his background and you can see he's not a typical .mil writer. His previous positions are telling: The Huffington Post, The Atlantic, Al Jazeera, Slate, The Daily Beast, New York Magazine, Mother Jones...

Trying to look like he's giving the NG props while having an axe to grind. Looks like a sissy too.

T&P has a lot of people working for them these days that have zero military experience, not that that is necessary. But we're a long way from the Civilian War time correspondents of WWII.

Back