Night Stalkers recognized for intelligence contributions

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2009/December/091215-02.html

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (USASOC News Service, Dec. 15, 2009) – Two Night Stalkers were recognized for their contributions to the military intelligence field during a ceremony, Dec. 10.

Chief Warrant Officer 4 Clinton D. Rolan and Staff Sgt. James L. Pooler, both from 1st Bn., 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), were presented with the Knowlton Award from the Military Intelligence Corps Association.

This honor, named after Thomas Knowlton, considered to be the first American intelligence professional, is highest that MICA bestows. Recipients are nominated and selected for making significant contributions to the military intelligence field.

“This award is often presented when Soldiers retire,” said Maj. Gregory Keeney, the battalion intelligence officer. “We felt it was important to recognize their individual contributions to the branch now, among the people they directly support.”

Rolan was recognized for his excellence in counterintelligence support and development of operations, training, security and personnel systems while working in a joint environment during his tenure with the battalion.

Pooler was recognized for his exceptional intelligence analysis in a joint operational environment, by providing timely, accurate, precise and relevant information to senior leaders and planners in support of special operations aviation missions worldwide.

In the award nomination packets, Keeney described both Soldiers as having built upon a legacy of military intelligence professionals that surpassed barriers in an effort to lash joint, national and theater level intelligence capabilities with the task force commander’s intelligence requirements.

“This was a great opportunity to recognize these Soldiers for the critical support they provide to the special operations aviation and overall contributions to the team,” he said. “Intelligence support at every level, including with the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, is critical to the success of every mission.”

091210-A-160th-001.jpg
Chief Warrant Officer 4 Clinton D. Rolan (left) and Staff Sgt. James L. Pooler, both from 1st Bn., 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) at Fort Campbell, Ky., were presented with the Knowlton Award during a ceremony Dec. 10, 2009. (Photo courtesy of 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment Public Affairs)

Clint worked for me at 5th Group, glad to see him recognized for his contributions to the intel community.

My wife has that award, and she isn't MI.

I've recommeded a few non-MI-ers for the Knowlton. Their names will now be in a book in the "Knowlton Room" at the Intel Museum at Ft. Huachuca.

Well done, guys!

Back