Non-Complicated Appendectomy Causing Issues at MEPs

Mcuervo26

Unverified
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right thread so mods please move it if so..
So I had my appendix removed in June 2016. There was no complications (ie did not burst, no pains or issues after healing), and I believe I spent maybe 36 hours in the hospital.. I reserved my contract, and was originally scheduled to go to MEPs 21JUL2020 and 22JUL2020, this was then reset to 23JUL2020 and 24JUL2020 due to a weird set of issues regarding my high-school transcript not being "official" (quickly resolved), and someone at MEPs changing what documents they wanted for my appendectomy.. The second time it was cancelled due to them requiring new post-op documents.. So, here I am, 2ish weeks later, now contract-less, and supposedly they just got the post-op documents that were delaying everything... Honestly the whole process has made zero sense and I've felt like I've been in a weird grey area on why I've been delayed..... Why is a non-complicated appendectomy feel like such a large issue? Its not like I willingly chose to have this removed, it was literally life/death lol...

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right thread so mods please move it if so..
So I had my appendix removed in June 2016. There was no complications (ie did not burst, no pains or issues after healing), and I believe I spent maybe 36 hours in the hospital.. I reserved my contract, and was originally scheduled to go to MEPs 21JUL2020 and 22JUL2020, this was then reset to 23JUL2020 and 24JUL2020 due to a weird set of issues regarding my high-school transcript not being "official" (quickly resolved), and someone at MEPs changing what documents they wanted for my appendectomy.. The second time it was cancelled due to them requiring new post-op documents.. So, here I am, 2ish weeks later, now contract-less, and supposedly they just got the post-op documents that were delaying everything... Honestly the whole process has made zero sense and I've felt like I've been in a weird grey area on why I've been delayed..... Why is a non-complicated appendectomy feel like such a large issue? Its not like I willingly chose to have this removed, it was literally life/death lol...

MEPS, the whole enlistment process, depends on a number of factors. You're getting an introduction to "the system" and how insane it can be. IIRC, waivers go to a doc, maybe a review board, and can come back accepted, rejected, or rejected pending documentation. I required a couple of waivers, one for a heart issue when I was 3, and that one held up the process. I was then kicked back after my first medical at MEPS because of an ingrown toenail. it took something like 4-5 months to sort out everything before I could ship.

it sucks, but..welcome to "the system."

Ask your recruiter to give you the “Inspector General’s” number for MEPS screwing up. The number should be on your recruiters card, but if not, any recruiter can give it to you. This is the guy that hold’s MEPS accountable. Recruiters are not supposed to give you his information or tell you about him, so don’t sell your recruiter out, and tell him you won’t sell him out.

I waited over a year for my Medical clearance because MEPS kept losing my paperwork, and then I obtained the Inspector General’s number and I was cleared within a week.

@AWP there is a Marine recruiter on Shadow Spear and I can’t remember who it is. I’m not a recruiter, and I don’t know if me posting this is “secret” in any way. It sounded to me that recruiters were just coached to not advise recruits to call this person, but he is there for this reason.

@AWP there is a Marine recruiter on Shadow Spear and I can’t remember who it is. I’m not a recruiter, and I don’t know if me posting this is “secret” in any way. It sounded to me that recruiters were just coached to not advise recruits to call this person, but he is there for this reason.

@Hacksaw0621. I'll "out" him only because he's posted that before.

Back