Odd Question About Team Guys

It's a little fucky how it works out here. Normally the average amount of seats for the SARC pipeline itself is approximately 2 seats. So I could speculate that they are weeding out people until they get the two rockstars that they want. The detailer was deacribed by our HM1 that he is very difficult to work with in terms of that.

I hope I didn't come across as an ass here. I'm only relaying what I hear in the HN Underground

Well, unfortunately, I can see things like that happening exactly how you explained it. It's obviously super competitive at this point, but I hate to see them doing things like adding time to your times and things like that.

Best of fortune to you!

Yep, the extra minute. It's all heavy speculation from every canidate, especially the ones who passed. But until the SARC liason straight up says that was intentional, that's all I'm calling it. Speculation.

Dude. I'm bowing out of this thread after saying this, but you said in your recap:
So many dudes failed was because the guy screening decided to add an extra minute to everyone's run time intentially. Quality over quantity I guess. So instead of running my usual 9:05, I got a 10:28. The minimum was 10:30 to pass.

Then when pressed you said:
Yep, the extra minute. It's all heavy speculation from every canidate, especially the ones who passed.

Mixed messages - it puts your credibility in question. Assuming what you claim is true, you should have said in your original recap that you were speculating.

All that said, best of success to you.

Dude. I'm bowing out of this thread after saying this, but you said in your recap:

Then when pressed you said:

Mixed messages - it puts your credibility in question. Assuming what you claim is true, you should have said in your original recap that you were speculating.

All that said, best of success to you.

I should have clarified. My apologies for that. Today was just an overall fucky day for me and my platoon here.
I wish I could lie about having better scores. But honestly I literally just barely made it into the SOCP program while the other two guys banged out their scores like champs.
It's honestly embarrassing.

Thank you anyways, man. I'll be pushing on over here

I don't know who is running the screener but it's minimum standards for entry. They probably filled the available slots with the best guys. I'm sure they had more applicants than openings. They may just be messing with you to encourage you to train harder since BRC is very challenging and maintains a 70% attrition rate.

The SARC pipeline did not use to account for attrition. This is one reason they were always short. For example we expect 70% of all Marines to quit, so we allow 100 Marines to enter a BRC class for every 30 Recon Marines we need in the fleet.

Keep your head down and work harder because your scores are shit and will only get worse when you're fatigued.

Maybe I'm being petty as fuck but your profile says you're an FMF corpsman and your title is 'Doc' but somehow you're in FMTB right now?

It sounds like you've been given a great opportunity so run with it and crush everything. Keep us posted and good luck.

Keep your head down and work harder because your scores are shit and will only get worse when you're fatigued.

Maybe I'm being petty as fuck but your profile says you're an FMF corpsman and your title is 'Doc' but somehow you're in FMTB right now?

It sounds like you've been given a great opportunity so run with it and crush everything. Keep us posted and good luck.

I was stationed in the HQ BAS with 2DMARDIV working sick call treating marines for quite some time before I got here, and they always called us doc. After all this I'm either going to 2nd or 6th reg. Or tanks.

I currently focus mainly on supersetting pull ups and dips 4-5xf, then any accessories I feel I need 2-3 times a week. If my legs aren't fucked from rucking or doing log pt, I'll work on my front squats and deadlifts.

Is there anything you guys have done to improve push, sit, and pull ups besides just flat out doing them consistently?

I was stationed in the HQ BAS with 2DMARDIV working sick call treating marines for quite some time before I got here, and they always called us doc.

I currently focus mainly on supersetting pull ups and dips 4-5xf, then any accessories I feel I need 2-3 times a week. If my legs aren't fucked from rucking or doing log pt, I'll work on my front squats and deadlifts.

Is there anything you guys have done to improve push, sit, and pull ups besides just flat out doing them consistently?

I was just curious. Most guys have a pin and a deployment before they start throwing up the FMF corpsman/Doc thing. You'll know what I'm saying when you see some blueberry hashtagging his photos #devildoc #8404 #rah

Your workout questions have been answered elsewhere on the forums. Best of luck to you.

I was just curious. Most guys have a pin and a deployment before they start throwing up the FMF corpsman/Doc thing. You'll know what I'm saying when you see some blueberry hashtagging his photos #devildoc #8404 #rah

Your workout questions have been answered elsewhere on the forums. Best of luck to you.

Ah I see. Thank you man. I'll take a peek in the fitness and nutrition section

Hello guys. I have an odd question about preparation for SARC.

What exactly are the other team members like on behavior?

This sounds like a stupid question. But I've been training for SARC for quite some time, and I'm about to have the opportunity to go through a pipeline during FMTB, which is in 2 days for me.

But one of the biggest struggles I have is "fitting in" with the other team guys. I got this one EOD drop out who constantly gives me shit every single day. Just a real fucking asshole for no reason. Just so happens he wants to go SARC and has recon orders already.

I'm 20 years old, and I was talking about the possibility of waiting until my three years as an FMF Corpsman are up until I put in a package for recon so I have the experience, maturity, and more training in my belt.

The dude laughed in my face and kept calling me a pussy for "DOR-ing".

I can handle banter here and there, but my real question is: are pretty much most team guys just act like alpha male douchebags?

tl;dr do most team guys act like alpha male douches or am I just being a bitch

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for any ignorance or sounding like a bitch.
They are young men in an elite field requiring physical prowess and a great trust in one another. You know more than I do, but I know a mix of confidence, trust, shit talking and arrogance is 100% what to expect

They are young men in an elite field requiring physical prowess and a great trust in one another. You know more than I do, but I know a mix of confidence, trust, shit talking and arrogance is 100% what to expect

Ah, so what were your experiences like in a SOF organization?

I always referred to all corpsmen (is it corps-persons now?) as Doc. I didn't realize it was an FMF corpsman thing. I've seen FMF pins on blueberries. Ran into a 3/5 devil Doc who was doing a blue side tour.

I always referred to all corpsmen (is it corps-persons now?) as Doc. I didn't realize it was an FMF corpsman thing. I've seen FMF pins on blueberries. Ran into a 3/5 devil Doc who was doing a blue side tour.

Sir, my Marines call all corpsmen (blue and green) Doc. Shoot, Marines call RPs Doc all the time.

I was speaking to Corpsmen calling themselves Doc.

Last edited:
I usually called my Docs: "Fag" because half the time you fuck one in the ass, those queers have a boner.

I've been out over a year now and this is still how I talk.

If I had a dollar for every time you fairies bent forward at the waist and opened your mouth when I held out a thermometer instead of just taking it with your hand...

Back