Oh Florida.....

My contribution to the Florida thread!

Florida woman ‘just out of rehab' had open 12-pack of beer, child in car, deputies say

WELLINGTON, Fla. - A Florida woman was arrested on Thursday after deputies said she drove intoxicated with a child sitting above an open case of beer tucked in the back seat.

A Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy pulled over Miami resident Stephanie Roque, 30, about 11 a.m. after she made a complete stop in her SUV in the center of a lane, the Palm Beach Post reported. The deputy said that Roque’s drivers license was suspended, and noticed she had a “strong smell of alcohol,” the arrest report states.

Roque told the deputy that she “just got out of rehab today for a drinking problem,” according to the report. The deputy found a child in the backseat of the car with an open 12-pack of beer sitting underneath the child’s feet, the Palm Beach Post reported. Only nine of the 12 beers were in the case, the report states.

FWIW,

Last edited:
I have never been able to accept that addiction is a disease. I am aware of the definition of the word but no one chooses to get cancer or MS or anything like that. The person with the addiction chooses to drink, chooses to snort that rail, chooses to shoot that herion.

I am not it the medical field that is just my opinion.

Last edited:
As with all things researched, you can find information supporting a particular viewpoint, and Alcoholism is no different. If you do an in-depth study on the subject, you will likely find more supporting a biological than a simple I just like to drink more reason behind Alcoholism. There are genetic links and markers in addiction/alcoholism. If your parent(s) are alcoholic the chances are much greater that you will develop alcoholism.

As with most diseases, hypertension, heart disease, diabetes and others, there is a predictable progression as the disease impacts your body. With medical intervention that includes medication and behavior modification, the disease effects can be reduced resulting in a healthier and longer lifespan. The same is true for alcoholism. The diseases and never cured, if you stop taking meds for hypertension, et al. the disease will pick back up again with a predictable shortened and less healthy lifespan. Alcoholism is also a permanent disease with death being the only "cure". Of the disease is treated and behavior changes are made, the positive life effects are quite tangible.

Here is one look at how we decide Alcoholism is a disease. A Disease. The medical community has embraced addiction and alcoholism as a disease. In the case of drug addiction, there is a decided clinical difference between a drug addict and someone who is dependant on narcotics or other psychoactive drugs.

I guess my opinion of the matter comes from biased view. Both my biological parents died from drugs and alcohol and chose their habit over me. Alcoholism was rampant on my mother’s side and it killed my mom’s mother and her half-brother. I watched what their habits did to them and our family as a whole. No one forced them to do what they were doing, they chose the path. If they had never consumed their “poison” would they have contracted the disease of addiction?

I personally have never done drugs in whole, because of what I saw as a child and made the decision not to. I made the choice not to do drugs but I do drink on occasion. No one makes the choice to get a disease like cancer. Again, I have a biased view.

You want a ban hammer too? I roll like John Henry with that bitch.

Happiness is a belt-fed ban hammer^^

Hey, I've lived in this limp penis-shaped state for 30 years now, and it sure is perversely entertaining and weird. And don't forget, I live in the town where the dude had sex with a plush animal in the toy aisle at the local Walmart. It was a stuffed red horsey.

Last edited:
...good ol' Florida rarely disappoints....

Florida man turned apartment into shooting range, cops say. Neighbors woke to a bang.

And it didn’t take long for officers to find the source of the gunfire: Next door neighbor Ivan Bakh, 61, was responsible for the shooting, according to police. He’d turned his home into what they described as “an indoor gun range.”

Police found thick books taped together and propped on a shelf in Bakh’s apartment when they searched the residence, police said. And on the books, someone had drawn a target using red marker.

Three rounds had hit the red target on the thick stack of books, police said, with one to two rounds penetrating the stack. The books were positioned against the wall shared with the couple who had awoken to gunfire, police said.

Police found a 9mm casing in the residence, as well as a 9mm Glock with unspent rounds that matched the spent casing found in Bakh’s hallway.

Florida man turned apartment into shooting range, cops say. Neighbors woke to a bang.

And it didn’t take long for officers to find the source of the gunfire: Next door neighbor Ivan Bakh, 61, was responsible for the shooting, according to police. He’d turned his home into what they described as “an indoor gun range.”

Police found thick books taped together and propped on a shelf in Bakh’s apartment when they searched the residence, police said. And on the books, someone had drawn a target using red marker.

Three rounds had hit the red target on the thick stack of books, police said, with one to two rounds penetrating the stack. The books were positioned against the wall shared with the couple who had awoken to gunfire, police said.

Police found a 9mm casing in the residence, as well as a 9mm Glock with unspent rounds that matched the spent casing found in Bakh’s hallway.

I actually did this as kid with .22LR in my hallway. Was that wrong?

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Kind of reminds me of this:

I was trying to ID the ring on his right ring finger. It is not large enough for VMI, and I did not see the usual VMI dates,1839 for one, on either side. The Star made me think that maybe he is a Texas A&M alum.
He is. He followed in his dad's footsteps and went to A&M to become a veterinarian.

Tonight "Florida Man" made me laugh out loud and offer a "well played..."

The real Jefferson Memorial has a statue, but this one has a jukebox

The building was in its infancy when a vintage Cadillac Eldorado rumbled up the construction path. Getting out, the driver demanded to know what the finished structure was intended for.

Told that it would be a private home, the driver scoffed. The unique design, he said, gave it away. Someone was building a mosque on this residential street north of Keystone Road in Tarpon Springs.

Later, when the construction manager told the property owner about the exchange, Gareth Whitehurst couldn’t resist. He commissioned a sign with a Middle East flavor and hung it on a wrought iron gate at the front of the property for a month. Written in Arabic, the sign read:

This is not a mosque.

"At least the people who spoke Arabic wouldn’t be confused,’’ Whitehurst later laughed. "Those other SOBs could construe it any way they wished.’’

Florida woman, ladies and gentlemen.

Florida Woman Beats Up Boyfriend for Interrupting Sex to Check on Dinner

Now to the boyfriend. He told the deputy that they were indeed “drinking alcohol, cooking, watching the Nascar race, and having a good time.”

Nascar says a lot.

They started having sex but then he remembered he was cooking. He didn’t want the food to burn so he took a little break to check on the food.

Dude...

Florida Woman was not having it. She smashed a T.V. onto the floor.

Her boyfriend asked what was wrong.

This is why you pay attention to your spouse or SO. Smashing a TV should be grounds for an uncontested divorce.

Instead of answering with words she just screamed and started “striking him with a closed fist in his face, head, stomach, and legs.” He pushed her out the front door and told her to leave. She just charged at him again, so he stuck his hand out to block her, creating that red mark on her left cheek with the palm of his hand. Then he said she ran off with his vehicle.

Strike a Heisman for the win!!!!

Back