I must be old. I went through Harmony Church in 1988 and don't remember any color phases.

But then, that was Harmony Church and real Infantry training .... :rolleyes:

Sand Hill, 2009, "congrats you're now in XX phase, STFU bitches, it's the same as every other phase!" No change at all in attitudes/methods. It's another foolish metrics measuring stick the Army uses to record/report "progress".

I must be old. I went through Harmony Church in 1988 and don't remember any color phases.

hurr hurr. 97 no phases, and some Panama/DS vets for Drills. Life got slightly easier towards the end, but after culling a platoon of 70+ down to 40ish, everyone who remained had their shit as straight as could be for a bunch of cherry ass privates.

hurr hurr. 97 no phases, and some Panama/DS vets for Drills. Life got slightly easier towards the end, but after culling a platoon of 70+ down to 40ish, everyone who remained had their shit as straight as could be for a bunch of cherry ass privates.

I wish I'd seen that...
What I saw was pathetic.

You went as a softskill. 8 weeks of introduction training for primarily non-combat arms, is relatively different than OSUT for 11X. Especially since even as a C/M/H, you'd do your basic then go on further to your mortar, TOW, or mech training back in the day.

You went as a softskill. 8 weeks of introduction training for primarily non-combat arms, is relatively different than OSUT for 11X. Especially since even as a C/M/H, you'd do your basic then go on further to your mortar, TOW, or mech training back in the day.

Yeah. No doubt.

The only colors we had were Black Flag Days... when we were in Heat Cast IV or V.... it didn't change much of our training, except we were made to drink water instead of being yelled at to drink water.:blkeye:

Well gentlemen, thank you for the insight on your experiences. It seems like its going to be a nice fun filled vacation haha! Thank you again for the help!

I’ll be trying to join this fall and I will likely need a waiver for the same exact reason you did. Does the Army still deny Airborne on contracts that required waivers? I’ve scoured the Internet looking for an answer but the forums I find about it are all from 2013-2016.

Yes. And I found out the hard way after enlisting back in 03' for a slot I didn't really want. Everything changes from year to year, but if you insist on asking for an Airborne waiver, they do exist. I initially enlisted with a medical waiver for a surgery I had as an infant. The same thing as the OP stated, and my recruiter straight lied to me.

In 2016 I almost came back active duty, got an age and medical waiver complete for 18x. I had to give it up because I thought my student loans would drown me, combined with child support taken out. I also later found out about income based repayment :-o I was worried it would stop me from a clearance at the time.

I also later found out about income based repayment :-o I was worried it would stop me from a clearance at the time.

What’s this income based repayment you speak of? The loan repayment program they’ll do for some enlisted rates?
When I graduate college I’ll have a substantial amount of student loan debt too. Does that affect getting a clearance?

^No! You can legitamately pay according to your income, from 0-whatever. You are not drowning in debt if you have student loans unless you just aren't working or trying to pay them off. Your credit will only take a hit if you are in "forebarance", ie. pay nothing for a while. At least that is my own experience. Live and learn.

Back