Orlando shooting

Brill

SOF Support
FBI has called it domestic terrorism within HOURS but how long did it take to call San Bernadino terrorism? Why the immediate confirmation?

Is every shooting domestic terrorism now? Is it home grown terrorism? Are we going to start likening our crime to the atrocities of isil?

Or is it because it was a gay club?

I'm thinking it's because it was 20 victims killed at a gay bar that it got the label "domestic terrorism." Why wouldn't any other mass shooting be considered terrorism by today's standards? Or at all?

Personally, I'm curious as to whether the shooter was screaming "Fuck all y'all fudge packing faggots," or "Allahu ackbar." Either one is likely, given enough booze and hate, but I know which one I've personally had issues with over the years.

Is every shooting domestic terrorism now? Is it home grown terrorism? Are we going to start likening our crime to the atrocities of isil?

Or is it because it was a gay club?

I don't know because I question whether there was a political agenda by the shooter. Absent that, it's just a mass shooting or more evidence that the Government needs to save us from ourselves.

Man, I'm glad I left when I did...I mean...this is sad....:-":blkeye:

How were the drinks?

It is really unfortunate and it will probably be another bullet point for driving antigun legislation, especially with a new POTUS coming in. Sure it's a hate crime, but will liberals call it that if it was done by a Muslim, or will it be tagged terrorism (vice Islamic terrorism) :hmm:

FBI definition of Domestic Terrorism ...but, don't see it fitting yet.

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
  • Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S."
18 U.S.C. § 2332b defines the term "federal crime of terrorism" as an offense that:
  • Is calculated to influence or affect the conduct of government by intimidation or coercion, or to retaliate against government conduct; and
  • Is a violation of one of several listed statutes, including § 930(c) (relating to killing or attempted killing during an attack on a federal facility with a dangerous weapon); and § 1114 (relating to killing or attempted killing of officers and employees of the U.S.).
* FISA defines "international terrorism" in a nearly identical way, replacing "primarily" outside the U.S. with "totally" outside the U.S. 50 U.S.C. § 1801(c).

Hate crime, sure.....Active shooter, absolutely....DT? hmmmmmm

Last edited:
FBI definition of Domestic Terrorism ...but, don't see it fitting yet.

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:
  • Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S."
Hate crime, sure.....Active shooter, absolutely....DT? hmmmmmm

I think the second bullet point is what we're waiting to see. Motive will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

We've got a name:

Law enforcement sources have identified the shooter as US citizen Omar Mateen, from Port St. Lucie in Florida Read more: 'Multiple casualties' confirmed at US gay club after gunman is killed

To add - What a world, Sheriff Departments have come a long way from the old days...

(2016)

upload_2016-6-12_8-43-53.png

Circa 1989
B9318319896Z.1_20150803172015_000_GMOBHECDR.1-0.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone really surprised? 50% of Muslims in the UK believe that homosexuality should be illegal.

They hate women. They hate gays. And yet the lefties have a love affair with the religion of pieces. Problem is they also love anything to do with LGBT, so they must be going through some serious cognitive dissonance right now. Though I'm sure a bit of the usual denial will help them through this.

Is anyone really surprised? 50% of Muslims in the UK believe that homosexuality should be illegal.

They hate women. They hate gays. And yet the lefties have a love affair with the religion of pieces. Problem is they also love anything to do with LGBT, so they must be going through some serious cognitive dissonance right now. Though I'm sure a bit of the usual denial will help them through this.

Not really. In the hierarchy of victims, Islam trumps trans, trumps cis gay/lesbian, trumps bi, trumps straight. Anyone that tries to make this Stonewall 2.0 is going to be branded as Hitler meets Trixie Mattel. If they can't completely blame islamophobia, it will merely become an anti-2A issue.

LGBT rights end where the Quran begins.

Orlando's making the news of late. The Voice contestant and now this? My heart genuinely goes out to the victims, but the second and third order effects are really going to suck.

He wouldn't be the first to reap all the material trappings of Western civ, then forsake it in anger for being so materialistic.

Back