OTP question

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
No, not On The Piss, but One Time Pads. Bit of a dumb question.

If they're in 5 letter groups, does that mean you have to reduce your word down to five letters or have I missed something? So your message "Pardus is a buttbanger" might be shortened to "Pards isxxx a btbgn" or something right? And you would add in an extra few letters for the words that are less than five?

Here's a really good page that describes how to use OTP's. No spaces, wrap around text "style" and strike through empties with an X.

http://jproc.ca/crypto/otp.html

For example, suppose that the message is "Dead drop Alpha three AM
tonight" :
DEADD ROPAL PHATH REEAM TONIG HTXXX ----- (plain text)
BNJEX KQPBC LZCXV PKTUY QFHNG QWERT ----- (text from OTP)
VIQSZ YVVYM ZTXJX TLCFP QGFEN CKYLJ ----- (enciphered text)

Fantastic! Cheers for that. I found some sites on it but they mostly seem to be focused on the mechanics of the encryption. Which sends me to sleep tbh.

Cheers muchly.

No problem. I was trying to explain it in my own words but it's been so long since I touched one; that it didn't make sense. So a quick search and I found that site. There were others but they mostly just had the basic instructions.

Hope it helps sending your gay sheep shagging messages it Pardus. :D

I still have a metal tri-graph in a box at my parent's. I used to have a few of the combinations memorized and some of our more experienced geeks and 18E types had far more than that committed to memory.

Back