PA student

Worldmedic

Unverified
Hello friends,

I am a flight paramedic with experience in Field hospitals in Syria, Gaza, the Bahamas, and a forward Surgical team in Ukraine. Also spent some time as a firefighter and did other disaster relief/USAR type work.

I am joining here because I am starting PA school and wanting to work as a PA in one of the services once I graduate. Never served in the Military before, and trying to figure out where I might fit in the best.
Specifically, I would like to connect with someone with recent experience in a unit like Air Force SOST, 24th STS, Navy ERSS, JMAU, an Army FST or maybe something with a similar mission set that I haven't heard of.

Appreciate everyone's time and excited to learn more about the world of SOF Military medicine!

Welcome aboard. If you haven’t already check out Ones Ready podcast and their episode on SOST, it’s got a lot of great info.
Thanks!
Yes that podcast was part of what prompted me to start looking into this. I really wish SOST used PAs or Paramedics. Looking through your old posts I learned about the SOFME teams. How was your experience there? Did you work with or meet any PAs that were able to go to the "fun" schools and stay active? Before becoming a paramedic I worked on a hotshot team on Wildland fires and now I kinda miss the heinous PT and comraderie that goes along with those types of teams.

Hello friends,

I am a flight paramedic with experience in Field hospitals in Syria, Gaza, the Bahamas, and a forward Surgical team in Ukraine. Also spent some time as a firefighter and did other disaster relief/USAR type work.

I am joining here because I am starting PA school and wanting to work as a PA in one of the services once I graduate. Never served in the Military before, and trying to figure out where I might fit in the best.
Specifically, I would like to connect with someone with recent experience in a unit like Air Force SOST, 24th STS, Navy ERSS, JMAU, an Army FST or maybe something with a similar mission set that I haven't heard of.

Appreciate everyone's time and excited to learn more about the world of SOF Military medicine!
Glad to have you here. Have you ever done any writing about the experiences you mentioned?

Glad to have you here. Have you ever done any writing about the experiences you mentioned?
I wrote a bit about my time in Ukraine, but some of the units that I was embedded with are still in the thick of things so I don't think its prudent to share yet. Large scale, vicious trench warfare like that was horrific and a totally different level of conflict. Maybe I should write some more...

I wrote a bit about my time in Ukraine, but some of the units that I was embedded with are still in the thick of things so I don't think its prudent to share yet. Large scale, vicious trench warfare like that was horrific and a totally different level of conflict. Maybe I should write some more...
I know someone at The Havok Journal and at the Modern War Institute.

Back