painting / coating equipment multicam etc...

I am in the greater Mesopotamia area at the moment and my house is in upstate SC. But I have been known to make a road trip or two when given good reason...meeting a Brother, drinking good beer and talking about the finer things in life, like quality steel are all good reasons.

Is the helmet an issued item? If so, just keep in mind that whatever you do to it, you're going to have to undo before you turn in. Same thing with the weapon, some units are extremely sensitive about what you do to their weapons, your unit may have a specific prohibition against modding weapons, to include the paint job.

Also, have you run any of this past your first-line supervisor? You're in a conventional unit now, right? How are they going to react to one of their Joes looking completely different than everyone else, is it going to be a problem? Just something to think about.

If you do decide to do anything to your helmet, I'd probably just it it with the rattle can (spray paint) or put a multicam helmet cover over it. Helmet cover is probably best bet, anything you need to mount to the helmet, you can probably just screw straight through the fabric into the appropriate holes on the other side. Saves you some $$, doesn't make additional work for you at turn-in time, and probably prevents some NCO's blood pressure from rising when he sees you all kitted out.

Or you could use a small peice of camo net, that spray'ed up to match the equipment. FYI: If you are deploying with a Infantry company, it will be dress right dress on all kit and weapons. Normally the only dudes who are spraying their weapons and brain buckets are the recon/scout plt, the rest will wear a cover, and in some units you will either have some burlap or camo net zip tied to the top.

Well.. it's pretty... but is it durable? If it's the same stuff I think it is, we are talking the wear resistance of paint or less. This stuff and correct me if I am wrong is a special ink that is printed onto a water soluable backing, then you lay in water and the backing dissolves and you have a thin film that will transfer onto just about anything that you dip into it. But this stuff is fairly fragile (from what little I know of it) ... Which you know.. for a hunting rifle or the above pictured 1911 that apparently will be featured in an upcoming gangstah rap video... fine but for operating in field and combat conditions.. I dont think this stuff will hold up.

Just an option I put out there. It is very durable and long lasting. Aquaprinting gives you a better and wider choice of patterns than regular hand painting or spray painting.

They are just samples. There are a huge and wide range of patterns availabel. You would not expect someone to go into combat with that skulls pistol. It is obviously a personal choice as to what camouflage or pattern you choose to have done. Each to their own.

It can be used on almost anything really that the stuff will take to - most plastics and metals.

I used a company in Dublin called Aquaprint (not plugging it nor do I work for them). I googled and found a smiliar company in the U.S.

http://www.aquaprintgrafix.com/
http://www.aquaprintgrafix.com/taxidermy.php

As they often say..do not knock it until you have tried it! :thumbsup: :D

I was just reading up on Cerakote as this is the first Ihave heard of it.. Pretty impressive. I have done several guns and knives for my buddies at work using GunKote which I think is better and seems to hold up better than DuraCoat but from what I am seeing on thier site Cerakote does seem to perform much better than both. I have to look into this some more.. may have to order some and try it out. I am with JAB on the helmet.... I would just spray paint that thing. The AR, I can say I have done many an AR and GunKote does extremely well... never had issues and since you bake it there is not cure time. I have seen DuraCoat get all jacked up because it was heated all to hell on the barrel of an AR from shooting and it wasnt fully cured.. it turned all kinds of different colors then cracked and chipped all to hell. I was talking to Troll and we were talking of yo heading out this way.. I will actually be moving out your way and be in the VA area end of next month. Maybe you can come out and we can drink some beer, paint guns, and design Smatchets and bayonets lol!

Man...I am so jealous right now...I havent had a beer in over a year, and I wanna cerakote my AR too! lol

Have any of ye ever considered Aquaprinting/Waterprinting/Hydroprinting?

Quite cool stuff.

http://youtu.be/YB9YtesgL2Y

http://youtu.be/JDf5CNHXO0s I hope ye have good Japanese! :D

You can have helmets, pistol, rifles etc. done.

View attachment 4580

View attachment 4581

View attachment 4582

View attachment 4583

View attachment 4584

View attachment 4585

MAN! that first 1911 and the last (1911?) look clean...I especially like the skulls, I would do that to my weapon :D

P.S. I am not a gangster, I am white...sort of...ok, fine, I'm Italian by descent lol...and I don't listen to rap.:-"

I
Just an option I put out there. It is very durable and long lasting. Aquaprinting gives you a better and wider choice of patterns than regular hand painting or spray painting.

They are just samples. There are a huge and wide range of patterns availabel. You would not expect someone to go into combat with that skulls pistol. It is obviously a personal choice as to what camouflage or pattern you choose to have done. Each to their own.

I wasnt aware that stuff could hold up to heat and friction like some of the other high performance coatings,I will have to check that stuff out more. And never mind the rap comment lol just giving you shit
It can be used on almost anything really that the stuff will take to - most plastics and metals.

I used a company in Dublin called Aquaprint (not plugging it nor do I work for them). I googled and found a smiliar company in the U.S.

I used a company in Dublin called Aquaprint (not plugging it nor do I work for them). I googled and found a smiliar company in the U.S

Lets try this again... I wasnt aware that Aquaprint could hold up to the heat and friction like the high performance coatings. I'll have to do some more looking into it as this is something that could have many applications in my business. As for the rap comment thats just me talking shit. I am still convinced I am the funniest person I have ever met, even though I at times am the only one that laughs at my jokes;) And THEY may say dont knock it till you try it.. I prefer the close minded, cynical approach... makes me feel better

MAN! that first 1911 and the last (1911?) look clean...I especially like the skulls, I would do that to my weapon :D

P.S. I am not a gangster, I am white...sort of...ok, fine, I'm Italian by descent lol...and I don't listen to rap.:-"
Now to address your statement... Casimir, coming from the same bloodlines as Ferrari, Da Vinci, Armani, puts upon you a certain DUTY to cultivate, or at minimum pretend to have, good taste. The above statement does not demonstrate so much as even the smallest effort to do either. Now step away from the Ghost Face Killa cd and do push ups. ;) ....

Now to address your statement... Casimir, coming from the same bloodlines as Ferrari, Da Vinci, Armani, puts upon you a certain DUTY to cultivate, or at minimum pretend to have, good taste. The above statement does not demonstrate so much as even the smallest effort to do either. Now step away from the Ghost Face Killa cd and do push ups. ;) ....

HAHA, I know, I know...

-This message posted after knocking out 50 :D

Back