Pararescue Chief Retires After 30 Years

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. --

Over the course of his thirty-year career, he was decorated nine times for actions that saved dozens --if not hundreds-- on and off the battlefield. He was a major command pararescueman of the year, an Air Force Pitsenbarger Award recipient valor under fire, and AF pararescue senior NCO of the year, and the AF Lance P. Sijan senior NCO of the year.

Following his long career, Chief Master Sgt. Davide Keaton, superintendent of the 26th Special Tactics Squadron, wore his maroon beret for the last time, Jan. 12, 2017, surrounded by a hundred teammates, former commanders, friends and family. “It’s not just retiring a Special Tactics Chief,” said Col. Michael Flatten, vice commander of the 24th Special Operations Wing and the retirement ceremony officiant. “It’s retiring a close friend, a brother in arms, one of my heroes…and one of the best men Special Tactics has ever produced.”

Keaton deployed more than 15 times throughout his career in support of Operations FIERY VIGIL, SOUTHERN and NORTHERN WATCH, JOINT ENDEAVOR, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, COPPER DUNE and NEW DAWN.

Leaders in Special Tactics describe him as an “absolute juggernaut,” “trusted advisor and right hand man,” “the most powerful SNCO I’ve ever supervised,” “proven warrior and leader”….and most importantly to many Special Tactics Airmen, “trusted teammate.”

“I’m thankful to serve with incredible people that have made that ultimate sacrifice. Not one day goes by where I don’t think about at least one of those guys,” added Keaton.

According to Keaton, life after retirement will be spent catching up with friends and making time for the things that are important outside of work. But, the Special Tactics community is now left with big shoes to fill-- someone who will never quit.

Link

What a remarkable career.

Congratulations Chief.

ScreenHunter_1171%20Jan.%2022%2020.03_zpsurofi7lt.jpg

I know they say not to judge a book by its cover...but the Chief looks like one bad hombre.

I hope he enjoys his well deserved retirement.

PS
You know that airman's b-hole was airtight...

That is one total badass stud right there. He doesn't look like he's ready to retire...he looks like he could start fires with his thoughts. :D Congratulations, CMS Keaton, well done.

Goddamn, what a career and a life. Well done, Chief. Thank you for the years of service and sacrifice. Enjoy the well-earned retirement.

From the article:

"Unbeknownst to his teammates, Keaton had broken three ribs a week before the ruck march began, but kept that to himself. Matching –and sometimes outdoing-- the pace of teammates 20 years his junior the entire trip, he rucked 128 miles with a 50-pound rucksack and a baton engraved with one of the 19 Special Tactics Airmen killed in action.

'I’m not going to complain about broken ribs -- the pain I felt during the march paled in comparison to what the Roland and Sibley families are going through, so having three ribs is something I can deal with.'"

That is an insane level of physical fitness and dedication. I cannot imagine rucking 128 miles with one broken rib, let alone three broken ribs and a stress fracture in my leg.

I know they say not to judge a book by its cover...but the Chief looks like one bad hombre...
News flash- he is. Verified. Dude is a warrior, was his whole career.

Click on the link and see the other pics, he looks like a great guy to work for.
Amazing. One of those guys you genuinely hope to grow up and be like.

Back