PCSing to Ft Lewis

BLACKMags

Cool By Association
Verified SOF
I have just been notified that I will be PCSing to 4th BN at FT. Lewis, we were wondering where the good places to live are in that area ? We want to stay off post but not have to pay out the ying yang for rent. Its getting hard to find a place that will take my German Shepard : ( Any information you al l could provide will be greatly appreciated !

If you have the opportunity to link up with The Troll or with Library Lady, I strongly recommend you do it. I would just recommend LL, but she's married to The Troll and they're kind of a package deal, unfortunately. ;)

Dupont is right next to Ft. Lewis across I-5 and has newer homes and a small shopping center. Full of military people. Steilacoom is a sleepy town with a lot of older people but prices are a bit steep here, it's close to the water. Yelm, Roy and McKenna are out in the sticks, nice if you don't mind the drive if you want to go into the cities. I was always on the go and liked the easy access to I-5. Lacey is nice, I used to live there, it has a newer shopping center with Costco, Best Buy and Lowes. It also has a movie threater, few good restaurants and Olympia is close by.

I would caution you living in Lakewood (Lakehood). It does have some nice areas but never heard anything good. University Place is another good option and next to Tacoma. Tacoma is alright but you have to be careful where you live.

Ya we will definitely be down with linking up with LL and Troll. My wife is from Seattle so she kind of knows her way around. We have been looking at a few places in University Place and looked at some in Yelm...we still aren't sure just yet. I grew up in Germany and in Texas so I imagine Washington will be a nice change of pace. Thanks for the info it is much appreciated ! OMG I am so excited LOL

My son and his family found a really nice affordable rental house in Lacey. He says alot of the Ft. Lewis personnel live in that area and seem pretty happy.

The Wx sux... the beer and coffe are good. You have a temp home here if you need it... can the dg ahndle an Alpha cat (belongs to LL, has adopted me, kinda) Beer... did I metion beer? and coffee? screw the starbucks crap... real coffee. And Sea food... Salmon especially. the Wx SUX.

The Wx sux... the beer and coffe are good. You have a temp home here if you need it... can the dg ahndle an Alpha cat (belongs to LL, has adopted me, kinda) Beer... did I metion beer? and coffee? screw the starbucks crap... real coffee. And Sea food... Salmon especially. the Wx SUX.

Wow, reads like someone has been hitting the TGL18 before posting, again.

You actually drink something with the words Armadillo and Ale on the label? Why dont you just drink a shot of horse semen then. :rolleyes::sick:

Lacey is nice. It's nicer than anything north of the base, and it's cheaper than DuPont. It's also within 15 min drive. I live next a beautiful lake, and it takes me 15 min to get to the base every day.

Back