PFC Jack Agnew; 101st, 506 PIR, HQ Company-Demolition WWII--Battle of the Bulge, etc

I love this quote.
"We weren't murderers or anything, we just didn't do everything we were supposed to do in some ways and did a whole lot more than they wanted us to do in other ways," he told the quarterly. "We were always in trouble."

RIP and Thank You for your service Mr. Agnew.

Hello.

I don't write much, but this would be the place.

PFC Jack Agnew passed on the weekend. The name might not be recognized; the movie's based on his and his unit'ts escapaded may. He was a "founding' member of the "filthy 13" (about which the "Dirty Dozen" was written), trained E -Z company, jumped at least 3 times in WWII, became a pathfinder, set up the radio beacon to guide in supplies at Bastogne, etc, etc.

A good and noble man, who never talked openly about his escapades for the 6 years I knew him through our gun club.

RIP.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/1...irty-dozen-dies-pennsylvania/?test=latestnews

RIP.

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Mr. Agnew in 1994 at a 50th anniversary D-Day ceremony at Ft. Dix. I was the guest of another D-Day vet, Jim Blackstock. That is a story for another time, but I will say that both Blackstock and Agnew, as well as many other vets I met that day, were still tough as nails.

Back