Prior Service 18x

Beard, see above.

1. Don't talk about it before it's your time.
2. Don't talk about it and not do it.
3. Don't be a shit bag, if everyone knows you have no chance, they will be pissed off to hear it.
4. Don't do it as an escape, do it because you are naturally progressing to the next higher level.

Just bumping this with my question because I didn't want to start another thread. I have about four more months before I go back in. I was doing Crossfit at Tucker gym on Bragg, but I moved up to Indiana to do some work until I go back in and the closest CF gym is about an hour away. There is a pretty decent MMA gym very close though.

My strength is above average, but my running endurance is pretty weak. Is doing MMA a smart thing to do or should I just stick to the non contact workouts? I'm not worried about getting hit, but about getting an injury doing ground work or something along those lines. I plan on putting a RS packet in, as soon as I get to my unit on Bragg so that's my 100m target.

If running is your weak point, then you need to work on that. I would not do any sports that can get your injured or set you back.

My senior weapons sergeant is in my agencies police academy and I told him no sky diving wether it's civilian, MFF or static line while he's in the academy and FTO. He knows the academy and FTO is too important to risk getting injured and being released from the academy and FTO.

lucky, if running is a weak point, work on it pronto. You don't have to be the strongest or the fastest or the toughest, but trust me, everyone remembers the "dirtbag" who falls back on runs and rucks because his cardiovascular endurance is weak. Anything cardio will help so look into biking, swimming, etc as well. Good luck and stay focused.

Back