Prior service to 18X basic training clarification.

Honestly it doesn't really matter because i'm going to do whatever is necessary to get to SFAS. The questions came from how it all works for prior service guys actually going back through. It seemed like experiences had varied. I've been out about 8 months and Kayem said he's got no break in service at all, the program requires you to pick up at OSUT no matter what. I'd have to agree, it is time toward retirement and the long haul and honestly my biggest question was if i'm going to be able to continue training in OSUT on my own and not spend 13 weeks getting slower and weaker. But your absolutely right, it's all just a stepping stone to get where you need to go.

You know what? It ain't nothing but a thing. Why are you so worried about passes, getting out of training and actually learning the new culture (Army) in which you will be immersed? Tell the friggin recruiter you want to go all the way through Basic and AIT, then do BAC and SOPC before SFAS.

If you really want it, you will go for it no matter the cost. If you really want to train while in Basic/AIT/BAC, use your personal time to do what you can to maintain... and be a sponge to the new ways of doing things.

Mind over matter. Graduate or Die. Excel or Fail.

If you really want it, you really want it, all you need is a report date and a packing list for your first step, the rest is all on your performance and mental/emotional/intestinal fortitude.

You know what? It ain't nothing but a thing. Why are you so worried about passes, getting out of training and actually learning the new culture (Army) in which you will be immersed? Tell the friggin recruiter you want to go all the way through Basic and AIT, then do BAC and SOPC before SFAS.

If you really want it, you will go for it no matter the cost. If you really want to train while in Basic/AIT/BAC, use your personal time to do what you can to maintain... and be a sponge to the new ways of doing things.

Mind over matter. Graduate or Die. Excel or Fail.

If you really want it, you really want it, all you need is a report date and a packing list for your first step, the rest is all on your performance and mental/emotional/intestinal fortitude.

I'm not worried about passes or anything of that nature whatsoever. That was never the intent of this post. I was trying to clarify the actual processes that are going to take place because no one at MEPS, or anyone else for that matter, could tell me what was going on. I've been waiting 2 years for this contract and left the Corps for it, I'd go back in as a E-1 with no TIS for this. If I came off concerned about the "fluff stuff" that was not my intent. I should have been more specific in how I came across. Like I said before I'm very excited to learn the new customs and courtesies of the Army. I've been reading and studying up on the branch history and heritage. Thanks for the reply and for the motivation x SF med. I take it all to heart.

This thread came closest to answering my question. I am a prior service guardsman (11B) E4, less than 3 years of separation. I recently signed an 18x contract and ship June 7th. My Career Adviser at MEPS couldn't provide sufficient clarity on my training pipeline as the system has seemed to change. I was advised that my SOPC course would be facilitated under the new mountain warfare school at Benning. It was to my understanding SOPC is at Bragg and acts as an administrative hold for SFAS. After SOPC I was told I would report to ABN. Once ABN is complete I would fall into an OSUT class to do an "11B refresher course". My training pipeline on my reservation sheet from MEPS looks like this:

PREREQ BENN 20170616 8WKS 0DAYS
PREREQ BENN 20170811 3WKS 4DAYS
OSUT. BENN 20170905 2WKS 3DAYS

My questions are, does this seem correct? Can someone define the "PREREQS"? Any clarity on what to expect upon reporting to Benning would be greatly appreciated Gents! I'm a new guy here and I am very thankful for the wealth of knowledge that is available on this forum. Thanks!

VR

This thread came closest to answering my question. I am a prior service guardsman (11B) E4, less than 3 years of separation. I recently signed an 18x contract and ship June 7th. My Career Adviser at MEPS couldn't provide sufficient clarity on my training pipeline as the system has seemed to change. I was advised that my SOPC course would be facilitated under the new mountain warfare school at Benning. It was to my understanding SOPC is at Bragg and acts as an administrative hold for SFAS. After SOPC I was told I would report to ABN. Once ABN is complete I would fall into an OSUT class to do an "11B refresher course". My training pipeline on my reservation sheet from MEPS looks like this:

PREREQ BENN 20170616 8WKS 0DAYS
PREREQ BENN 20170811 3WKS 4DAYS
OSUT. BENN 20170905 2WKS 3DAYS

My questions are, does this seem correct? Can someone define the "PREREQS"? Any clarity on what to expect upon reporting to Benning would be greatly appreciated Gents! I'm a new guy here and I am very thankful for the wealth of knowledge that is available on this forum. Thanks!

VR

I deleted your thread. Good info and question, but we don't need two posts on the same subject.

I deleted your thread. Good info and question, but we don't need two posts on the same subject.

I appologize for that. I'm hoping to get an answer about this though, I may just call 30th AG at Benning.

Back