PSYOP? No such thing.

PSYOP sounds too aggressive, like "we are going to manipulate your psyche..." Military Information Support, on the other hand, sounds so benign you almost fall asleep saying it. After all, we wouldn't want to offend anybody, especially in the Overseas Contingency Operation. :doh:

Now maybe we can have the serious conversation on whether or not "Psyop" is even SOF at all.

Fact is, any organization that can't influence its own service about its role and who they are does not project confidence that it can do the same with America's enemies. Just sayin'...

Now maybe we can have the serious conversation on whether or not "Psyop" is even SOF at all.

Fact is, any organization that can't influence its own service about its role and who they are does not project confidence that it can do the same with America's enemies. Just sayin'...

There was word early on in the war that PSYOP was leaving the SOF community, but that kinda died on the vine. Guess they worked a campaign on the community. }:-)

I was a Psyop soldier for years, I didn't have a problem with stating I was with a Psyop unit. I would definately not be proud to say I was with a "Military Information Support", Might as well say I'm an end, guard tackle with that one. I was with a tactical unit and proud of what I did. Psyop definately doesn't sound too agressive in my humble opinion, if it does to you I say educate yourself before making an assumption on what we do and who we are. Just like the people who watched the movie "The Generals Daughter", everyone all the sudden that didn't know what we do thought we were a bunch of brain washing freaks.

We all still love You
2ilkild.gif

I was a Psyop soldier for years, I didn't have a problem with stating I was with a Psyop unit. I would definately not be proud to say I was with a "Military Information Support", Might as well say I'm an end, guard tackle with that one. I was with a tactical unit and proud of what I did. Psyop definately doesn't sound too agressive in my humble opinion, if it does to you I say educate yourself before making an assumption on what we do and who we are. Just like the people who watched the movie "The Generals Daughter", everyone all the sudden that didn't know what we do thought we were a bunch of brain washing freaks.
You know that JFK gave us the name PSYOP when he was president. It use to be Psywar. I don't think anyone should be screwing around with anything JFK did. Unless it is Marylin Monroe.

Back