Psyop Units and Recruiting

tabasco75

Unverified
Does anyone have an updated list of Army Reserve Psyop Units? I've searched multiple sights and some say that Ft. Jackson has one (338th), but I cant find much to support the claim. Secondly, does anyone know if reserve units have different recruitment requirements than going active? Is it easier to get into the reserves? I have been trying to go back active for the past 6mos, with no luck yet. My local recruiter is telling me that "his" superior up in HQ wont sign the age waiver because he thinks I'm too old (never met me and doesn't know my level of fitness). I contacted Bragg SF recruiting and they advised I should maybe look in the reserves. BTW I'm 43, still running obstacle course races, gorucks, and daily exercise.

Does anyone have an updated list of Army Reserve Psyop Units? I've searched multiple sights and some say that Ft. Jackson has one (338th), but I cant find much to support the claim. Secondly, does anyone know if reserve units have different recruitment requirements than going active? Is it easier to get into the reserves? I have been trying to go back active for the past 6mos, with no luck yet. My local recruiter is telling me that "his" superior up in HQ wont sign the age waiver because he thinks I'm too old (never met me and doesn't know my level of fitness). I contacted Bragg SF recruiting and they advised I should maybe look in the reserves. BTW I'm 43, still running obstacle course races, gorucks, and daily exercise.
I am prior service Army and Coast Guard.

Well, I can tell you first hand that being reserve psyop currently does not require you to go to selection, be language qualified, go to their Q course, or be jump qualified. It is easier to be a member of a reserve psyop unit. However, your age is probably the issue. The Army lowered the age cap either this year or last year. I'm pretty positive you won't be able to get back in at 43, especially as prior service.

Well, I can tell you first hand that being reserve psyop currently does not require you to go to selection, be language qualified, go to their Q course, or be jump qualified. It is easier to be a member of a reserve psyop unit. However, your age is probably the issue. The Army lowered the age cap either this year or last year. I'm pretty positive you won't be able to get back in at 43, especially as prior service.
* this member recently submitted his vetting documents

Back