PT Studs

• Thread starter Deleted member 2517
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2517

I wanted to start a thread where the SOF and other military members could post stories about guys they've worked with who are serious PT studs. I think it would be a good source of motivation for Padawans like me, as well as way to set goals of our own. Anything dealing with PT is welcome- whether it's a Marine doing 50 pull-ups at BRC, or a Team Sergeant who could run 5 Minute miles forever, or just someone who worked through an injury or illness during a selection course.

Thanks for any and all info. Hopefully this turns into a good thread.

I was doing a Para Pt test a few years back with a few guys from the company and a good buddy of mine ran the mine in under 6 mins (I don`t know his exact time because mine was 6 mins and he was infront of me), he did something like 27 chin ups and once he got to 200 sit ups they stopped him. The guy was a PT freak and it was damn near impossible to tire him out.

Studs usually quit. I was not a stud in my time but I never quit. I was never last and never lite I only maxed my pt test once, sit ups got me all the time....I did hundreds a day.....I do remember some assclown doing real well at a road march....pillows in his ruck

Did a 5.40 mile back in the day, prior to 3 ankle operations and putting on 20 kilos, I had 5 or 6 blokes ahead of my getting closer to 5 minute miles, quick mofos and able to hook in and do the long pack marches too, good diggers.

Did a 5.40 mile back in the day, prior to 3 ankle operations and putting on 20 kilos, I had 5 or 6 blokes ahead of my getting closer to 5 minute miles, quick mofos and able to hook in and do the long pack marches too, good diggers.
That's motoring Dig. They guys that impressed me were the old cadre staff. Ready to run at O dark hundred with a shit pair of plimsolls or similar, stub their cigarette out and proceed to flog everyone up hill and down dale.

I've not seen it, I'll have to watch out for it. Another cadre WO was running alongside us at Singo and said " Righto men, you have to beat home." He hit the afterburners and literally disappeared over the hill. He was twice my age.

When I did EIB back in 2002, I ran the first 6 mile with our Btn XO. He left me in his dust the last 6 miles by running the whole 12 miles straight (I went to a run-walk-run). Dude was a straight stud... Wish I could remember his time, it was pretty impresive something like a whole 45 minutes faster then mine. The crazy part is that he had his EIB and was just doing it to motivate us.:eek:

A few guys cric and others might remember were my SOPC instructors. They smoked my 18 year old ass so bad I didn't think it was possible. Legit 6 min miles for 8 miles. One of then(who is now in my company) runs competitive ironman triathlons. A dude named angry bob smoked cogarettes while moving faster than any man should.

The older guys were always the studs. My BN XO could run my rear end into the ground and still outlift me anyday of the week. He was a motivator by sheer example and force of will. Enlisted time with the Rangers, PL time with 10MTN and the Rangers, followed by company command with 4ID. He was a known quantity around Drum, Carson, and Lewis.

I think the message Here is the aged are trecherous.
"Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill everytime"

That phrase got beat into my head so many damn times from so many western pennsylvanians, tac NCO's, squad leaders, platoon sergeants, first sergeant, and older BN XOs that now my goal is to BE that crusty, rusty, no-nonsense taking-can-still-kick-a-21-year-old-ass-when I'm 50 guy

My old unit was doing a 26 mile hike out on MCBH in order to get ready for the hellacious first deployment to Afghanistan (Laghman and Kunar Province). My buddy, HM3 John Fralish, was running up and down the lines for the first 10 miles keeping everyone motivated and making sure everyone was doing ok. Well...old John boy got the best of the heat and dropped from a little bit of dehydration and fatigue. Johnny got looked at by the other docs and before they could TRY to tell him to get back on the truck to be taken back to the BAS he was up with his pack. John finished the entire 26 miler...running the majority of the way.

HM3 John Fralish was killed 6 February 2006 in the Pech River Valley by small arms fire. God bless amazing men like this and I hope to meet a couple more like him before my time in the MC is up. RIP John Boy.

Back