Push to Find Bin Laden, Mehsud

Ravage

running up that hill
The premier American commando unit, Delta Force, is teaming up with Britian’s Special Boat Service (SBS) which has resulted in an escalation in the hunt for Osama bin Laden.

An unnamed source within British special forces claims the regular forays into Pakistan are “completely sanctioned” by the Pakistani government.

The report claims US and British ground forces, backed up by unmanned drones and the Pakistani army, are operating within Pakistan in a renewed effort to flush bin Laden toward US troops who are massing on the border.

Evidence of increased activity occured in South Waziristan on June 14th, when for the fifth time this year, apparent US missile strikes rocked the area, killing at least one. Reports say Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud was targetted.

Just last month, an unnamed Afghan intelligence officer told AFP that the Afghans had very recently received credible news that bin Laden is in the area of Chitral, Pakistan, as recently as April. Chitral has long been thought the area where the Al Qaeda leader is hiding.

This news comes at the same time Afghan President Hamid Karzai is threatening to send troops into the same region of Pakistan. Karzai has long blamed much of his country’s problems on Pakistan’s inability, or lack of desire, at reigning in the terrorists conducting cross border attacks.

http://www.battlefieldtourist.com/content/2008/06/15/push-to-find-bin-laden/

You will never defeat an insurgency unless you can neutralise their bases.

The only thing some people seem to be able to post is a god damned youtube link....

If only someone had a thread that discussed that, maybe had some supporting documentation to back it up.....like a study or something.

Does the documentation have slides and graphs? ;) I was scrolling through and got pissy when it took forever just to find the damn title. I'll read it when I have more patience. :uhh:

I don't want to see the youtube version, it'll be edited for content; I'll wait for the directors cut on liveleak. :D

Back