Qualities that make an effective CCT Candidate and Operator.

I'm not in the military yet, nor will I be going for CCT, but I have a buddy who is a CCT and another one who a few weeks ago was in CCS so I'm not sure if he is done with that school or not. I will say that in my opinion I'm sure a lot of the qualities that make up any effective candidate for any special operations training would be intelligence, an ability to learn quickly, ability to deal with adversity, situational awareness, an unshakeable self belief, and a team player, and I am sure there are tons more. Also both of the guys I mentioned at the beginning of this post are real laid back guys, funny as hell, but they can get serious when the times call for it.

I hear that Yankfan, i mean the CCT's and PJ's i have spoken to have mentioned that motivation is a clear decider in making it. Also from watching the videos, i can only imagine that candidates have got to have the type A personality, but like you said being laid back and then being serious when the time calls, is definitely an attribute to have.

Guys who just don't quit.
Guys who don't over think something, then psych themselves out.

That about sums up what I have heard, don't quit, don't look too far ahead, take it one day at a time, and remember that you voluntarily chose to be there (whatever training school you are at) for a reason.

Hey guys, i just wanted to ask what qualities make an effective CCT candidate and potential Operator?
This is a better question for the mentor forum, not for the open forum here. I'll entertain it, but there are about 40 other threads here on the board, and elsewhere, where this type of question is answered. Use your search function.

Short answer- be mature. Be a problem solver. Be a team player. Don't quit. Be competent, confident, and calm. Be on time, with the right stuff, at the right place, all the time. Always put the team first, and never be lazy, late, or lacking motivation. Internal motivation is the only motivation you are going to get. If you need external motivation, you will fail.

Kheenbish Sir, it wouldn't deter me from trying out at all i just wanna get a heads up for what makes a successful candidate, so i can give me myself a gut check and prepare as best i can for when my shot comes.

Amlove21, Sir roger for the mentor section, my lack of attention to detail. Internal Motivation I'm guessing is definitely an attribute that can be a deal breaker?
Hooya for the advice sir fully appreciate thank you

... Sir,.... Sir roger....Hooya.... sir

Quit it with this shit. Most of us work for a living, people that work for a living aren't often interested in being called sir. Hooya moto shit drops everyone's IQ every time it's uttered and leave the ratel until you're on the radio.

Hair gel is definitely key.

There are plenty or motivational sayings you can go by. If you're going to be stupid you better be strong; but yeah, don't be stupid either.

Don't quit, take whatever school you're in seriously and study, and put out. The guys who just try to survive to the next day off/weekend usually have a hard time or keep that mentality get to team and then wonder why they suck or get pulled from training/ deployments. Yeah there's another one, don't suck.

Best of luck, questions are great for knowledge gaps but in the long run you just have to go do it.

(You will exhaust the word hooyah in training, save it for when you get there bud.)

I'm not in the military yet, nor will I be going for CCT, but I have a buddy who is a CCT and another one who a few weeks ago was in CCS so I'm not sure if he is done with that school or not. I will say that in my opinion I'm sure a lot of the qualities that make up any effective candidate for any special operations training would be intelligence, an ability to learn quickly, ability to deal with adversity, situational awareness, an unshakeable self belief, and a team player, and I am sure there are tons more. Also both of the guys I mentioned at the beginning of this post are real laid back guys, funny as hell, but they can get serious when the times call for it.

That about sums up what I have heard, don't quit, don't look too far ahead, take it one day at a time, and remember that you voluntarily chose to be there (whatever training school you are at) for a reason.

I'm sure he appreciates your opinion, but you are way outside of your lane. That's how accidents happen, so remain in it. OK?

Back