Questions about 75th rangers or special forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakebeck

Unverified
So far I have spent my time chasing money and worked whatever job paid the most. I have finally figured out that people are right when they say that money cant buy happiness or fulfillment in life so I have decided to pursue something I've always wanted to do and try out for spec ops. I have already started training and trying to prepare myself mentally and physically and am looking to enlist soon under an option 40 or 18x contract. I am aware of and have done the research for the pathway through both contracts. I know most of the differences between the rangers and SF as far as the pipelines and job duties. What I am curious about is the information that is not easy to come across Such as:
what each group does when not deployed.
How long is a typical deployment and work up for each mission?
When home how much time do you actually get to spend with family when you are in country.
Just what life and schedule is like in general in special ops when not deployed.
I think it would be a great experience to be part of either (assuming I can pass the rigorous selection process and training)
I am leaning toward Special Forces because according to the only SF guy I know (he also served as a ranger for 5 years prior to sf) you need to be involved more mentally. Even though I love the physical ass kicking side I like the idea of being able to use my mind as much as body.
No offense intended to any rangers, I know they are deffinatly no idiots.
So anyone that is currently SF , a Ranger or if you know anyone that is and have recent info any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou to all those who are or have served

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back