Range 15: a movie by Veterans for Veterans

LMAO, I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until now, This looks like a movie for the ages. Possibly best zombie movie ever. LOL, Marcus Luttrel "Looks like we're the lone survivors now." :ROFLMAO:

I want to see it because my favorite EOD T-Rex has a role in it. Mary's awesome!!

She was OUTSTANDING!

There is more I'd like to say about one scene, but since you know her, I'll wait til you see the movie and come back and let us know. You'll know the scene I'm talking about...

Just got back from it. Pretty kick-ass. so much fucking freedom in that movie

I heard Mat was in the DC area. Not the Alexandria showing though.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my mini review. I'd say "no spoilers", but there is not exactly a lot to "spoil", LOL.

For starters, I wish they would have been able to show it in a nicer auditorium, it was like there were only two large speakers connected at the front so it was kind of hard to hear at times.
This was a flick obviously made for the military, there are so many inside jokes and I know that I did not come close to catching all of them.

Like any Mat Best video, it could have used a good editor at times. The bits were funny, and I laughed out loud most of the flick, but a few dragged on...and on. The cure for the zombie apocalypse was a combo of whisky and what looked like Red Bull, I'm assuming Jameson and Red Bull did not want to pay for the product placement to have their names actually used.

Without giving anything away, here are a few things that will make you laugh out loud....

- Crossfit
- Stolen Valor
- PT Belts
- Challenge coins
- Take notice of the name of the President at the end of the movie
- Officer speeches
- Mary's scene

Enjoy!

ETA -

Showing again in MN if you missed it...

Range 15

Last edited:
Okay, here's my mini review. I'd say "no spoilers", but there is not exactly a lot to "spoil", LOL.

For starters, I wish they would have been able to show it in a nicer auditorium, it was like there were only two large speakers connected at the front so it was kind of hard to hear at times.
This was a flick obviously made for the military, there are so many inside jokes and I know that I did not come close to catching all of them.

Like any Mat Best video, it could have used a good editor at times. The bits were funny, and I laughed out loud most of the flick, but a few dragged on...and on. The cure for the zombie apocalypse was a combo of whisky and what looked like Red Bull, I'm assuming Jameson and Red Bull did not want to pay for the product placement to have their names actually used.

Without giving anything away, here are a few things that will make you laugh out loud....

- Crossfit
- Stolen Valor
- PT Belts
- Challenge coins
- Take notice of the name of the President at the end of the movie
- Officer speeches
- Mary's scene

Enjoy!
Leadslingers is a real whiskey, killcliff was the energy drink IIRC.

Am I the only one who didn't think it was very good? I mean it was ok with the one liners but overall as a movie... It was choppy and the storyline didn't flow and got dumb for even a spoof.

By the amount of people who were excited to see it, and then the lack of raving reviews after its release, it seems some people have to agree with me.

Am I the only one who didn't think it was very good? I mean it was ok with the one liners but overall as a movie... It was choppy and the storyline didn't flow and got dumb for even a spoof.

By the amount of people who were excited to see it, and then the lack of raving reviews after its release, it seems some people have to agree with me.
I enjoyed the humor, I think they didn't need Ron jeremy and they should have had at least one bikini snap.

"Did you eat popcorn?" will become a classic line.

I agree to a point. Like any Mat Best video, it could have used a good editor at times. The bits were funny, and I laughed out loud most of the flick, but a few dragged on...and on.

It was funny, but the quality and the acting was crap. But for a crowd funded movie and all the badass people who were involved in it, it was worth my $20.

They really packed that thing full of inside jokes.

I'll watch again.

I wasn't able to get around to seeing it in theatres here in SATX, the only one that showed it to my understanding was out in Hill Country. I did finally manage to view it on Amazon last night with the missus. She was feeling behind the curve the whole time and when I asked if she liked it, all I got was , " It was funny, I just don't understand the inside humor. Why was that PT Belt line with the coins so funny? Tim Kennedy is hot though."

Apologies for not being Tim Kennedy ma'am.

I enjoyed it. It's your everyday Ross Patterson film with some amazing people. I'll probably watch it again since it's an easy view and only runs 90 or so minutes.

Back