Ranger school

Unverified
Hello SS community. Former air wing USMC sergeant looking at becoming a Ranger. So the way I understand it (correct me if I’m wrong), there are 2 ways of becoming a ranger. One is RASP after airborne school and the other is to attend ranger school first at your unit then try and get into RASP afterwards. My question is why would they allow you into the 75th regiment after RASP. If they send you to Ranger school after serving in the regiment for a couple years and you happen to fail, they kick you out of the regiment. Wouldn’t it make more sense to graduate RASP then Ranger school and never have to worry about Rangers being kicked out? Or is there something I’m missing? Thanks for the help and sorry if this

however you probably need to read here more.
Truth.

Check out the search function on the board, it's one of the best on the net are there are about eleventy-billion threads on Ranger/RASP/etc on this site.

Hello SS community. Former air wing USMC sergeant looking at becoming a Ranger. So the way I understand it (correct me if I’m wrong), there are 2 ways of becoming a ranger. One is RASP after airborne school and the other is to attend ranger school first at your unit then try and get into RASP afterwards. My question is why would they allow you into the 75th regiment after RASP. If they send you to Ranger school after serving in the regiment for a couple years and you happen to fail, they kick you out of the regiment. Wouldn’t it make more sense to graduate RASP then Ranger school and never have to worry about Rangers being kicked out? Or is there something I’m missing? Thanks for the help and sorry if this
I mean... we should send guys to school after RASP, or just get a Regiment only Ranger school so we don’t have to deal with the fucks at ARTB, because it is a dated and ineffective system to send guys to school then lose them.

At the end of the day Scroll > Tab, and that Scroll and beret is what makes a ranger. The guys at Point du Hoc didn’t have tabs...

@DasBoot they have SURT, it would be cool if they had their own school. I guess what would the actual school be there for though. How successful have you seen prior service guys from different branches do at rgt?

@Ooh-Rah @medicchick thats all I have been looking at thanks! Couldn’t find an answer to it other than maybe Ranger school is reserved for “leaders”. I just thought that if a Ranger was in rgt it would be a waste to train and invest in them if they happened to one day go to Ranger school then fail and be kicked out. But I’m sure there’s a reason

@Ooh-Rah @medicchick thats all I have been looking at thanks! Couldn’t find an answer to it other than maybe Ranger school is reserved for “leaders”. I just thought that if a Ranger was in rgt it would be a waste to train and invest in them if they happened to one day go to Ranger school then fail and be kicked out. But I’m sure there’s a reason
Failure to maintain the standard as RP would say.

@DasBoot they have SURT, it would be cool if they had their own school. I guess what would the actual school be there for though. How successful have you seen prior service guys from different branches do at rgt?
I know they have SURT... I’ve been there... and they’re hit or miss. Some are awesome. Some are dipshits who don’t adjust well or act like hard dicks when they haven’t done anything in their career- pre or post RASP. It’s a mixed bag.

Back