Rangers Showing the Newbies at OSUT

On the surface this seems like a really good ideas. As “boots” we always saw the Recon guys as dudes on a completely different plane of existence; I have to imagine new Soldiers see Rangers in a similar light?

Seems like this might demystify the 75th a bit, offering those on the bubble that extra push to “go for it” and maybe even encourage those who never considered it.

On the surface this seems like a really good ideas. As “boots” we always saw the Recon guys as dudes on a completely different plane of existence; I have to imagine new Soldiers see Rangers in a similar light?

Seems like this might demystify the 75th a bit, offering those on the bubble that extra push to “go for it” and maybe even encourage those who never considered it.

Very true, even in my day. Recon never openly recruited at SOI. There was never any "option 40-type" enlistment incentive for Recon. No visit from Recon recruiters or an opportunity for 03s at ITR to sign up for Recon A&S.

I like the fact that the Army gives even OSUT/AIT trainees who don't have option-40s a chance to sign up for RASP.

It's a win/win. The Regiment can aggressively recruit, and young wannabes can be mentored and taste the rainbow.

It’s a sweet action and similiar to this, our CO currently at OSUT was with the 75th and pulls us from the Drill Sgts to conduct evening pt with him to better prepare the guys with 18X and Opt 40 contracts.

Back