Ready for RASP?

betterlatethannever

Unverified
Mods if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it please. I was just looking for some input from some guys that have served in the 75th Rgt. I wanted to know how ready I should be for RASP. Right now I can do a 5 mile run in 35 mins +/- 30 seconds depending on the weather, 12 pullups, and 80 situps in 2 mins. I know there's a whole lot more to making it through RASP than just the physical stuff but I was wondering if where I'm at now is a good start? Remember that I still have to go through basic, AIT, and Airborne so I'm sure my performance and endurance will be better after that. Any input would be great.

Question for you: (BTW you didn't mention push ups) any way, if you did those scores on the first morning of RASP (with 80 push ups) and they said not good enough, do it again what would you say?

Honestly I haven't timed the push ups, but it's something I will start doing. If they told me it wasn't good enough I'd suck it up and do it again and try to do more.

PT should always be your main focus. But you need to start memorizing and living the creed. The biggest problem I have with new guys coming into the regiment is that they don't live the creed. Also you need to start learning your Ranger History, that will save you a lot of headaches if you make to RASP.

I understand one should be well aware of his/her units history (I'mn sure thats twice more important in SOF), because its from the past we draw imspiration for the future (if They did it then, we can do it today and tomorrow).
But how rigorous is it in the 75th? Do guys get droped because they don't know their history?

I understand one should be well aware of his/her units history (I'mn sure thats twice more important in SOF), because its from the past we draw imspiration for the future (if They did it then, we can do it today and tomorrow).
But how rigorous is it in the 75th? Do guys get droped because they don't know their history?

Yep! and trust me you don't want to be that guy that fucks up the Creed during PT! Or ever for that matter!

Alright listen, they will not get rid of you if you do not know your history. You will look like a complete turd if you don't know the creed or history.

I appreciate the input guys. I have picked up a few books about Ranger history and the creed and I'm familiarizing myself with it. I've got probably about 2 months before I ship for basic so I'm going to keep working at it as hard as I can. I just wanted to see what some guys in the 75th thought about where I'm at now. I know there's always room for improvement and I strive for that every day with my workouts.

If there is one way to teach someone "mental toughness," it is through long distance running. Everytime I am asked how to prepare for an assessment and selection type course, I tell folks to focus on the requirements of the course and run your ass off.

Dont quit, and when other people are quitting around you, possibly good friends of yours, stay in there and never never quit. And when your buddy is sucking help him the fuck out. Oh yeah, dont quit.

Start memorizing the Ranger Creed, know it by heart, and live it. Live every word in your actions not just at home but in the shit as well.

When someone calls for a volunteer, punch your way to get there first.

Dont quit.

PT should always be your main focus. But you need to start memorizing and living the creed. The biggest problem I have with new guys coming into the regiment is that they don't live the creed. Also you need to start learning your Ranger History, that will save you a lot of headaches if you make to RASP.

There is an Android Smart Phone App that can help you learn the Ranger Creed and also Ranger History, it's a series of flashcards. You can find it for Android at:XXX

Mod edit to remove link until member is in compliance with the applicable rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back