Recon Contract / 2 Questions + Small Intro

Kthom111

Unverified
Good Evening Gents,

First off I appreciate your time in reading my trash. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

(Small Intro)
19 Years old, 70 inches tall, 120lbs. I leave for Parris Island in about 2 weeks now. Used to be in NROTC (Marine option). Had to disenroll due to going homeless. 293 PFT, 296 CFT @ 138lbs while in the program. Been homeless for 2 months, physical fitness and endurance has decreased respectively. Won't drown if thrown in a pool, however am most certainly not at recon level. 20m underwater swim with a kick off, 20 minutes treading water in skivvy shorts with hands + feet (fresh). Will hump till I drop, running is my strength, able to go into the dark place to keep myself going.

Question #1: My current understanding of the recon contract pipeline. BOOT--SOI--ITB--MART--BPRC--BRC, etc... Question is when does the screening take place in the pipeline? The pass or fail test that determines whether you are fit to continue the pipeline.

Question #2: How long is MART? My current understanding is anywhere from 2W-1M. How long is BPRC? As far as I know it's 5W.

I know I'm unprepared, I know im underweight, I know the odds are slim, I know there is a high risk of injury especially at my current weight. However, I'm not a quitter. "All it takes, is all you got"

Semper Fi Gentleman, Stay Hard

Hey man, obviously I’m not Recon, but I think a lot of my posts can be very beneficial to you because NSW and Recon/MARSOC are kind of like amphibious incestuous cousins. It seems like you can benefit from my posts regarding water skills and swimming.

Let’s focus on getting un-homeless, and into the Corps. Hopefully your current challenges won’t follow you into boot camp and SOI. Assuming they don’t, all you need is Heart and grit to pass BRC. Sounds like you have both. Best of luck and Semper Fi.

Hey man, thats a lot to unpack here. All I want to add is mountain tactical has updated their RECON plan to address the physical standards you see at BRPC. Is it the end all be all? Ive got no idea. Maybe a vetted guy can take a look at it but its the only workout plan I've seen where they specifically address prepping for BRPC. You're gonna have some money saved up after boot camp and hopefully you can stay at a hotel on boot leave or something. Best of luck.

Times have changed. I was 17 when I headed to PI and they wouldn't let me ship till I weighed 128 lbs. Drank a lot of malts and ate a lot of rice and taters to get there. Have fun during all of your training but never quit.
Roger that, thank you for your response. The Marine corps now has a "7 point waiver" that allows you to be a little bit more underweight. For 70 inches the waiver weight is 123 minimum. There is no waiver for being fat though.

Let’s focus on getting un-homeless, and into the Corps. Hopefully your current challenges won’t follow you into boot camp and SOI. Assuming they don’t, all you need is Heart and grit to pass BRC. Sounds like you have both. Best of luck and Semper Fi.
Roger that. The easiest day was yesterday. Thanks for the response. I was homeless as a 12 year old, as a 17 year old the day before my high school graduation, and now. Professional homeless man before the Corps as I like to say.

Semper Fi brother

Hey man, thats a lot to unpack here. All I want to add is mountain tactical has updated their RECON plan to address the physical standards you see at BRPC. Is it the end all be all? Ive got no idea. Maybe a vetted guy can take a look at it but its the only workout plan I've seen where they specifically address prepping for BRPC. You're gonna have some money saved up after boot camp and hopefully you can stay at a hotel on boot leave or something. Best of luck.
Roger that. No more leave during covid times after boot, which is fine with me. Thanks for the mountain tactical info. Thank you for your response, Semper Fi.

Hey man, obviously I’m not Recon, but I think a lot of my posts can be very beneficial to you because NSW and Recon/MARSOC are kind of like amphibious incestuous cousins. It seems like you can benefit from my posts regarding water skills and swimming.
Roger that. I'll be sure to snoop around threads your involved in. Thank you for your response, Semper Fi.

Back