Remington Agrees to Replace Model 700 Rifle Triggers

Dame

Just passing this along as a PSA.

BREAKING: Remington Agrees to Replace Triggers in ALL Model 700 Rifles
By Robert Farago on December 5, 2014

“America’s oldest gun manufacturer, Remington, has agreed to replace millions of triggers in its most popular product—the Model 700 rifle,” cnbc.com reports. “Under a nationwide settlement filed Friday in a federal court in Missouri, the company is agreeing to replace the triggers in about 7.85 million rifles.” The agreement, which must be approved by a federal judge, follows the Remington recall of tens of thousands of 700’s equipped with X-Mark Pro triggers. Those guns, manufactured since 2006, had “excess bonding agent used in the assembly process” that could cause the guns to “unintentionally discharge.” The new recalls covers all Model 700’s made since 1962. Though likely to cost the company nearly a billion dollars and take years to complete, the agreement may clear the way for Cerberus to off-load The Freedom Group.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...-to-replace-triggers-in-all-model-700-rifles/

Rifle1_zps960ac1cc.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I was shooting mine just this past week and during cleaning had a hell of a time with the bolt release, which is part of that trigger assembly. I will definately be looking into this recall.

It took about 100 days from shipping in receiving my rifle back.
The new trigger isn't as smooth as my old trigger, but I am still getting nice shot groups.

Back