Rhodesian COIN

Good stuff, T. I was researching the psuedo ops TTP of the Selous Scouts and this will be a great help. The Rhodies "wrote the book" on a lot of stuff, including modern combat tracking. I just loaded my printer up...

There are a lot of good books out there on the Selous Scouts but the best ones are ridiculously expensive. Pamwe Chete is great but it will cost you 4 or 5 hundred dollars. Bush war/Only my friends call me crouks by Dennis Croukamp is good but much more affordable.

Good stuff, T. I was researching the psuedo ops TTP of the Selous Scouts and this will be a great help. The Rhodies "wrote the book" on a lot of stuff, including modern combat tracking. I just loaded my printer up...

That's very interesting- I was given a copy of a paper about pseudo ops by a foreign officer friend of mine on my last deployment. Good reading.

A Rhodesian COIN manual in PDF

That is great! Thank you!

Yes they did, and they continue to lead the way with combat tracking.

There are a lot of good books out there on the Selous Scouts but the best ones are ridiculously expensive. Pamwe Chete is great but it will cost you 4 or 5 hundred dollars. Bush war/Only my friends call me crouks by Dennis Croukamp is good but much more affordable.

Holy shit, I didn't know Pamwe Chete was worth this much now!
I have a copy.

I have reached out to someone who might be-able to get copies significantly cheaper than this, I'll keep you all posted.

I've printed out about a hundred pages. One thing that's already caught my eye is a section on the use of spirit mediums and witchdoctors in the COIN effort. We in the West have this bullshit PC taboo about messing with our enemy's religion, but here again, the Rhodies were thinking right.

That is great! Thank you!

Yes they did, and they continue to lead the way with combat tracking.

Holy shit, I didn't know Pamwe Chete was worth this much now!
I have a copy.

I have reached out to someone who might be-able to get copies significantly cheaper than this, I'll keep you all posted.

Did you ever find another source to get Pamwe Chete?

Back