RIP

The good news is you can find all of those MOS' in Regiment,(provided a mason asst. is 21W).

Did MEPs say no go on Option40, again you really have no bargaining power as prior service?

You can always select one of those jobs and call the Regiment Liason, may or may not work. I tend to think it would be more feasible with the non-11 mos.
Other than that if you can select a duty station, pick one where a Bn is located and start the 4187 process when applicable.

The only MOS I would do that's not 11 series is 35M (HUMINT) which MEPS denied also. I'm in a bind, if I get station of choice I would like to stay on jump status (and not go to Alaska, to cold) so that leaves me with Bragg. Or I choose a station where the Rangers are ie; Lewis, Benning, Hunter but risk loosing jump if denied :doh:. Sigh......choices choices.

Prior service has a hell of a time getting what they want FYI. Why, I don't know, but it is harder to get to where you want to go with years of experience under your belt, unlike the kid right out of high school who pretty much can do what he wants.

There is no credit anyone in recruiting command gets for this except maybe a keg of beer and 5 lbs of coffee....and there's still no guarantee prior enlisted aren't blackballed from an option as it is.

To clarify, you state you're "re-enlisting" which is usually associated with those still on active duty.

I'm assuming you're "prior enlisted" who got out and is trying to "enlist" again because of the fact you're working with MEPS. A couple of members here were already told pretty much the same with some variances in the circumstances and situations inolved, however, one thing tied them together-perseverance.

They held out for what they wanted. And, in the end, they got it. Loon already stated it and I restate it again: If you want the option 40, then hold out for the option 40. Keep in mind with the economy in the tank the way it is today, reality will tell you there are no shortages of guys lining up to join. New guys with no time in service/first timers are always going to have first crack at those options when offered by MEPS. It's just a fact of life you can't change.

You still have the option of getting in and going somewhere, wherein later on down the road, you put in a 4187 for the Regiment and RIP. Or, do your time, do the same except with attendance at a PRC and Ranger School afterwards, pad your resume and then 4187 your ass away to DA. If you decide to go 35M, make sure your 11 series is annotated as a secondary on your paperwork as soon as possible. :2c:

Back