Ronda Rousey- best MMA Fighter Ever?

@amlove21 I am going to disagree because I think there is a Tiger Woods like attraction to her. Tiger has not won in years, but if he's playing...ratings are up and the camera is on him.

A savvy promoter could get the Ronda wagon going "now". She's in the gym...hype...she's focusing on boxing...hype...she's boxing men...hype...a few UFC 20x's where she beats the shit out of women with mostly boxing. All this leads up to a major card about a year from now ... people have seen her box, they have seen her win, can she finally win the Main Event Again!?! Pay your $60 and find out!

I missed my calling. There is no doubt in my mind I could make all that happen if I were connected to the right people. Question is, will Dana and Ronda make it happen?

@amlove21 I am going to disagree because I think there is a Tiger Woods like attraction to her. Tiger has not won in years, but if he's playing...ratings are up and the camera is on him.

A savvy promoter could get the Ronda wagon going "now". She's in the gym...hype...she's focusing on boxing...hype...she's boxing men...hype...a few UFC 20x's where she beats the shit out of women with mostly boxing. All this leads up to a major card about a year from now ... people have seen her box, they have seen her win, can she finally win the Main Event Again!?! Pay your $60 and find out!

I missed my calling. There is no doubt in my mind I could make all that happen if I were connected to the right people. Question is, will Dana and Ronda make it happen?
Yeah but following her closely for the last two years, all those things you just described already happened leading up to 207. This WAS her comeback.

Rousey admitted she thought about suicide, dropped off the face of the earth, had her mighty mental struggle, went into a really long camp with little media for this fight and got absolutely tuned up. I just don't know how many more times real fight fans are going to watch that.

I am not real sure if she has more fights on her contract (she signed a longer-term deal in 2015), but at this point, the division has caught up to here. There are more girls coming up that have a legit shot at not only competing but dominating Rousey, and I just think at this point she's sort of cornered. Like in the video above- Ronda is gonna get paid, for sure, and for the UFC to get their pound of flesh they need to make a good fight. She 100% should not be the #1 contender after that performance, but who is a good fight for her in the top 5? What fight would you pay for?

I think Tito Ortiz finally gets his way and Rousey goes up to 140-145 to fight Cyborg a la Liddel's slide toward the end (a good fight against Wanderlei but really nothing after that even though he fought 2-3 times.)

Tito Ortiz

OY5A0cn.jpg

It's amazing to see the punishment the human body can take and then almost immediately bounce back to its normal form.

Pictures of "punched faces" amaze me. After looking at them, you wonder how they didn't do more damage than they did.

- That's the only way she could beat Nunes.

- She probably thinks a .22 has more punch than a .45.

- I hope she trains more/ harder with the gun than in the ring.

- Who's her coach? James Yeager?

We can do this all day. Some of you merely adopted open mic night. The rest of us were born into it, molded by it....

Last edited:
This is stupid...Amanda Nunes apologizes to Ronda Rousey for disrespecting her after UFC 207

Amanda Nunes had every right to be pissed, the UFC paid Ronda an exorbitant amount of money to show up, she did no media to aid in promoting the card. I got it, Nunes is a lesbian from Brazil and does't sell near as much as an easy on the eyes blonde...but, she was the champ, and should have been treated as such.

This is stupid...Amanda Nunes apologizes to Ronda Rousey for disrespecting her after UFC 207

Amanda Nunes had every right to be pissed, the UFC paid Ronda an exorbitant amount of money to show up, she did no media to aid in promoting the card. I got it, Nunes is a lesbian from Brazil and does't sell near as much as an easy on the eyes blonde...but, she was the champ, and should have been treated as such.
I have agreed with Thunderhorse twice in one year? If I see locusts, I'm out.
Reed

Back