ROTC considerations

Invictus

Grasshopper
I am currently in the process of submitting an application for an Army ROTC scholarship. It is also getting to be about that time that I submit college applications, my question to those with experience is this: What should I consider when researching the individual programs? Curriculum, Field Training Exercises, etc?

Any and all replies are much appreciated, I am more than willing to do the research, would just like some direction. Did a search on the site, little bit of google, have yet to find much anything of substance.

I am currently in the process of submitting an application for an Army ROTC scholarship. It is also getting to be about that time that I submit college applications, my question to those with experience is this: What should I consider when researching the individual programs? Curriculum, Field Training Exercises, etc?

Any and all replies are much appreciated, I am more than willing to do the research, would just like some direction. Did a search on the site, little bit of google, have yet to find much anything of substance.

You have to talk with both the Army Officers as well as the cadets and get a warm-fuzzy about the program. The basic program is the same everywhere. It's how it is executed at various schools.

Ask about their Ranger Challenge program. (How successful it is, what types of training they do, etc).

Sez me, I'd offer this long-term plan: Enlist, do four years, get the GI Bill, get out and go for the same scholarship only for three yrs. You'll probably have some college/college equivalent done. You'll get your commission a year earlier, have experience, and be an "O-1E" which a bit better paycheck each month besides.

Back