Running and rucking crossover

IMG_1311.pngIMG_1314.pngIMG_1313.png
The 2.12 mile data is for the hike back into a creek crossing. Where we set up a little day camp and, soaked in the cool stream.
The 1.24 mile hike out data is wrong by about 20 minutes and .24 miles. Because I forgot to end the workout function on my watch.
Just a day hike @ 89 degrees with 39% humidity. I had on some Magellan hiking pants and shirt in Realtree. That I found separately at thrift stores.
The clothing as treated with a 5% permethrin solution kept me tick free👍
As well as the Merrell Moab III's were great on the trail, even when wet. Along with a pair of Wright Sox double layer boot socks.
Had 36#'s wet in the ruck. We both had most of two Mr. E's fine cuisine. With 3 liters of water onboard.
All in all a great ruck outing. Was not really concerned with time. As much as weight of loadout and terrain, forest trail from ~18" - ~36".

Ugh, I decided to try a work out called 5x5 which a retired SF Officer told me about. It involves a 5 mile ruck, 100 ruck squats, 5 mile run, 100 air squats.

I decided to do a diagnostic to see how I'd do. I did a 3.25 mile 42 lb ruck at a 14:00 pace, 100 ruck squats, and went immediately to a 3.25 mile run at a 9:30 pace, and finished up with the air squats. I'm walking like a new born horse today.

Ugh, I decided to try a work out called 5x5 which a retired SF Officer told me about. It involves a 5 mile ruck, 100 ruck squats, 5 mile run, 100 air squats.

I decided to do a diagnostic to see how I'd do. I did a 3.25 mile 42 lb ruck at a 14:00 pace, 100 ruck squats, and went immediately to a 3.25 mile run at a 9:30 pace, and finished up with the air squats. I'm walking like a new born horse today.
That is pretty bad ass!

Back